MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal wedding.. guest_295 General Discussion 25 04-14-2011 11:16 AM
Doc Royal macoutsider Drink Mixes 0 06-22-2008 02:55 AM
royal botanical garden & canadian warplane heritage museum ayinaim General Discussion 8 12-17-2007 02:34 AM

Royal wedding !!!

Old 04-28-2011 at 11:26 PM   #16
siefer1322

Liked: 96 Times

is for low-life losers who think that valuing someone else's life and making it seem more important than any other person makes it OK. It's honestly things like this that cause the great gap we have between humans, and the money spent on this could save a whole country's stomach for at least a night. No offense to you, but this is idiocy to me.
Old 04-29-2011 at 12:13 AM   #17
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

I can't believe Americans are more into the wedding than brits. Where is the spirit of 1776 ?
Old 04-29-2011 at 01:49 AM   #18
BeAll_EndAll

Liked: 57 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecream View Post
I can't believe Americans are more into the wedding than brits. Where is the spirit of 1776 ?
Who the hell is American here?

As Canada is a commonwealth realm, at least give a small shit

L'Étoile says thanks to BeAll_EndAll for this post.

Watoko likes this.
Old 04-29-2011 at 01:57 AM   #19
Eternal Fire
Elite Member

Liked: 227 Times

I wonder if they got the idea from this people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0
Old 04-29-2011 at 03:55 AM   #20
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 452 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution1 View Post
I'm so sick and tired of hearing about this wedding! It's probably be the most over-hyped event of all time. I agree with mike_302. There are so many important world events to focus on, yet the media chooses to fawn over two privileged dullards. Canada needs to cut its ties with the monarchy.
As a woman, I am embarrassed that the majority of people interested in this wedding are those of my gender.
Preach sista!

Actually, I'm most tired of the delusion that this is some fairytale romance. I've heard that so many times, I'm ready to flip tables. I see no "fairytale" or even "romance" in the way that they met, and I'm pretty sure that this kind of romance happens a million times over every day all over the world.

They call her a commoner, but obviously she wasn't all that common if she was able to attend the same university as a crown prince.

tldr: it's basically just like any other wedding between two celebrities, so why the big deal?!

Revolution1 likes this.
Old 04-29-2011 at 04:25 AM   #21
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooburii View Post
Preach sista!

Actually, I'm most tired of the delusion that this is some fairytale romance. I've heard that so many times, I'm ready to flip tables. I see no "fairytale" or even "romance" in the way that they met, and I'm pretty sure that this kind of romance happens a million times over every day all over the world.

They call her a commoner, but obviously she wasn't all that common if she was able to attend the same university as a crown prince.

tldr: it's basically just like any other wedding between two celebrities, so why the big deal?!
Cause the world needs more bullshit!

anon491, marcie like this.
Old 04-29-2011 at 08:00 AM   #22
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

The French beheaded their monarchs... the British... spend their entire lives swooning over their loser figureheads...
Old 04-29-2011 at 09:35 AM   #23
SydVicious
Account Locked

Liked: 21 Times

Quote:
Preach sista!

haha so naive, apparently the only reason kate even went there (st andrews) was at the insistence of her mother who wanted her to marry the prince, sounds like something a commoner would do to me.

*I also barely give a s hit, never been a big fan of posh twats
Old 04-29-2011 at 10:03 AM   #24
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

yes ppl of the world just wished theirs was as good. waste of time
Old 04-29-2011 at 11:15 AM   #25
Amaryll
My math prof is hotter.

Liked: 326 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
The French beheaded their monarchs... the British... spend their entire lives swooning over their loser figureheads...
Clearly you guys have no idea how much money the royal family brings in for the country in terms of foreign tourism.

mohammyt says thanks to Amaryll for this post.

lizziepizzie, Watoko like this.
Old 04-29-2011 at 11:24 AM   #26
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Preach sista!

I think it is a fairytale romance in the royal regard because typically they marry because of connections, while Will and Kate ultimately married for love.

She's a "commoner" because she's not of royal descent. Also, her family are self made millionaires because her parents owned a sort of party planning store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SydVicious View Post
haha so naive, apparently the only reason kate even went there (st andrews) was at the insistence of her mother who wanted her to marry the prince, sounds like something a commoner would do to me.

*I also barely give a s hit, never been a big fan of posh twats
Actually, while Kate was sent to St. Andrew's because Will went there, her family really wanted Kate's sister to marry Will, not Kate.
Old 04-29-2011 at 01:04 PM   #27
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

LOL, was she really sent to St. Andrews in the hopes of snagging the prince? Niiiiiice. Mrs. Bennet, anyone? XD

Anyway, I wanted to stay up to see it, but apparently 3 AM was not when the ceremony began, but when they...I don't know...the crowds gathered? So I just watched the highlights now.

Her dress was gorgeous, and...well, I enjoyed watching the wedding. They both looked nervous as heck! The fairytale aspect comes from the fact that it's a Prince getting married...not to a princess, but still. It's a royal wedding! It was great to watch!

lizziepizzie likes this.
Old 04-29-2011 at 01:16 PM   #28
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

For some reason the royal family is very ... ugly. Non of them look pleasant. It's a good thing kate joined the family to enhance their genes.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine

britb, Chevalier, marcie like this.
Old 04-29-2011 at 01:28 PM   #29
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post
LOL, was she really sent to St. Andrews in the hopes of snagging the prince? Niiiiiice. Mrs. Bennet, anyone? XD

Anyway, I wanted to stay up to see it, but apparently 3 AM was not when the ceremony began, but when they...I don't know...the crowds gathered? So I just watched the highlights now.

Her dress was gorgeous, and...well, I enjoyed watching the wedding. They both looked nervous as heck! The fairytale aspect comes from the fact that it's a Prince getting married...not to a princess, but still. It's a royal wedding! It was great to watch!
I didn't think they looked nervous at all! I think they handled it quite well. And, yeah, apparently she was sent to St. Andrew's by her parents specifically to meet William and date him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Étoile View Post
For some reason the royal family is very ... ugly. Non of them look pleasant. It's a good thing kate joined the family to enhance their genes.
They say that they're unattrative because of the generations of incest. Harry's fine, though. He looks like Dianna's brother. And Prince Andrew (Charles' brother) was very good-looking when he was younger.

Last edited by lizziepizzie : 04-29-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-29-2011 at 01:56 PM   #30
L'Étoile
Tooth Fairy

Liked: 543 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
They say that they're unattrative because of the generations of incest. Harry's fine, though. He looks like Dianna's brother. And Prince Andrew (Charles' brother) was very good-looking when he was younger.
That explains their ugliness. They are disgusting, yes harry is way more attractive than them but still he is not as pretty as some of the boys here in McMaster.

McMaster University, Honours B.Sc. in Biology '13, Minor in Psychology

University of British Columbia, DMD '17, Doctor of Dental Medicine