MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal wedding.. guest_295 General Discussion 25 04-14-2011 11:16 AM
Doc Royal macoutsider Drink Mixes 0 06-22-2008 02:55 AM
royal botanical garden & canadian warplane heritage museum ayinaim General Discussion 8 12-17-2007 02:34 AM

Royal wedding !!!

Old 04-30-2011 at 07:10 PM   #46
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faer View Post

EDIT: Oh, those eight or so marriages (Just saw). Imagining Charles and Diana taking the same vows as William and Kate is so ironic.
Let's *not* compare Diana/Charles with Kate/Will. There are entirely different. They married for different reasons, are night and day in terms of personality and are from different eras. I'm so tired of people saying "Kate is the next Diana." There will never be another Diana.

Dress was nice, but not glamorous enough imho. Very elegant but also very plain. I expected something more, essp considering this was not a "total" state occasion (it was the second in line, not the next. It makes a big difference), she had more freedom to pick and choose things than someone marrying Charles would.
Old 04-30-2011 at 07:11 PM   #47
britb
Mr.Spock is not dazzled.

Liked: 611 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post

He needs a toupée.
He -did- look good with that hat on, lol.
Old 04-30-2011 at 07:13 PM   #48
mickey2012

Liked: 10 Times

L'Étoile, Revolution1 like this.
Old 04-30-2011 at 07:28 PM   #49
Icecream
Account Locked

Liked: 42 Times

I don't agree with Bill Maher on some issues, but gotta agree with him about Royal Crap

Old 04-30-2011 at 07:37 PM   #50
Faer
Elite Member

Liked: 338 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
Let's *not* compare Diana/Charles with Kate/Will. There are entirely different. They married for different reasons, are night and day in terms of personality and are from different eras. I'm so tired of people saying "Kate is the next Diana." There will never be another Diana.
I am definitely not comparing those two. In fact, I can't actually see any relation between the two couples, apart from the parent-child thing. Kate looks or behaves nothing like Diana, and I agree, Diana was completely unique.

What I was saying, though, was how different the marriage of Diana and Charles turned out compared to what everyone thought it would. The interviews where they were introduced as the future 'King and Queen' sound extremely ironic. What a twist of fate.
Old 04-30-2011 at 07:39 PM   #51
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by britb View Post
He -did- look good with that hat on, lol.

Honestly, he's still a babe. He looks like his mom.
Old 05-02-2011 at 06:54 AM   #52
Mac09

Liked: 0 Times

Her second dress was very beautiful