MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RS 2YY3 Bible and Film Exam darklink121 Academics 2 04-20-2010 06:22 AM
Religious Studies Bible and Film Lecture Note Steph Butter Academics 0 02-01-2010 01:09 PM
Feedback on Relig St 2YY3 - Bible and Film darklink121 General Discussion 3 12-04-2009 11:26 AM

RS 2YY3E The Bible and Film Lecture Notes Janruary 21st, 2010

Old 01-21-2010 at 10:57 PM   #1
Steph Butter

Liked: 0 Times

RS 2YY3E The Bible and Film Lecture Notes Janruary 21st, 2010
Hi, does anyone have lecture notes for this course from Janruary 21st, 2010?

I am in dire need of these notes I could not make it to class on this day!

If you want, I will even take you out for coffee (my treat!)

If I am not allowed to ask about lecture notes for a class PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE

Thanks
Old 01-22-2010 at 06:05 AM   #2
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Doesn't your class have a webpage or is on ELM? This info is usally given out the first lecture. Most notes are property of the university and can't be posted in public space, etc.
Old 01-22-2010 at 09:33 AM   #3
aaront
CSD HYPE Web Developer

Liked: 78 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrw88 View Post
Doesn't your class have a webpage or is on ELM? This info is usally given out the first lecture. Most notes are property of the university and can't be posted in public space, etc.
Never heard of that before.

I'm not a expert in copyright law by any stretch, but from what I understand if you properly cite the notes (class name + prof name), your work is your own copyrighted work. Just like even though textbooks are copyrighted by the publisher, professors are still allowed to summarize them into slides and present them in lectures.

I see nothing wrong with this person's request for 1 note. It's not like she's asking for all the notes for the term.
Old 01-22-2010 at 11:54 AM   #4
shleyaa

Liked: 8 Times

Unfortunately this course doesn't have a webpage, nor is it on ELM. I have notes from this day if you would like to see them Though I handwrite my notes for this class, so we might have to meet up. Let me know!

Old 01-22-2010 at 06:36 PM   #5
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

You could try checking out this and see if there are notes for your course (or upload your own notes!).
Old 01-22-2010 at 08:12 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Plenty of Soc Sci and Humanities classes (if not most) do not post lecture notes. Which is why when students in other faculties complain they can't get notes we look at them like they're silly.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 01-23-2010 at 08:11 PM   #7
Steph Butter

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shleyaa View Post
Unfortunately this course doesn't have a webpage, nor is it on ELM. I have notes from this day if you would like to see them Though I handwrite my notes for this class, so we might have to meet up. Let me know!
Hey Ashley,I don't want to put you in a difficult spot but is there any way you can scan the notes? I will not be attending classes next week because I willl be attending a relative's funeral in the States and I will be comforting my grandmother trough these unfortunate times.

Even if you can't scan these lecture notes, please email me back I wil be glad to hear from you nonetheless!

Steph