MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Get San Sebastian for Mac Welcome Week '10 lux Music 23 05-10-2010 01:07 PM
Vote Sebastian Miller for Humanities SRA milles7 General Discussion 2 10-22-2009 08:15 AM

San Sebastian

Since San Sebastian is a local Hamilton band, many incoming students may not know anything about them or their style, so here is some information on the band and why they are definitely worth checking out!

San Sebastian was formed in Hamilton in 2008 and was formerly known as Pumps. After playing locally for a couple of years, they appeared on the MuchMusic show disBAND in early 2010. I did not find out about them until this summer however when my cousin asked me to go with her to see them play at the Casbah, a Hamilton music venue located near downtown. I had read about them in the paper but had never heard any of their music, but tickets were only 8 dollars so I decided to go.

After a couple opening bands played, San Sebastian got on stage. I was amazed at how great they sounded live and how upbeat and catchy their songs were. They were so energetic on stage and were extremely nice guys, letting people go on stage and sing with them and signing autographs for anyone who asked. I had been to the Casbah before but had never seen a band with so much enthusiasm; they were genuinely happy to be playing and seemed to be having as much fun as the audience.

One of the highlights was when they played a cover of "Twist and Shout" to which every single person there danced and sang along. The concert was one of the most fun I have ever been to and would see them again anytime.

If you have never heard them before there are some songs of theirs on YouTube. Their most popular right now is called "Wake Up" and it is very catchy.

A lot of people probably know of the Arkells, especially since they are from McMaster, but San Sebastian is also a great band and I highly recommend going to the Saturday concert for them as well -- you will not be disappointed!

-------------------------
Editor's Note: Unfortunately because of server errors we were unable to post this article before last night's concert! But if you saw San Sebastian play (or even if you didn't), this article is a good read! - Danielle

Scuderia likes this.
Published by
Communications Intern

Article Tools

Deleted Post
Old 09-12-2010 at 04:15 PM   #2
Marlowe
Elite Member

Liked: 421 Times
They were actually surprisingly good, especially their cover of Pump It Up. Not as good as Arkells or The Dirty Nil, but still good.

Old 09-12-2010 at 06:53 PM   #3
sayok8737

Liked: 7 Times
Love San Sebastian <3

Old 09-12-2010 at 09:30 PM   #4
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times
they were great at the show on Saturday, made a fan out of me

Old 09-16-2010 at 11:01 PM   #5
tatski-p

Liked: 35 Times
They have awesome stage presence, I like 'em.

Slightly irrelevant, but I'm still sad my big, orange Dirty Nil/Arkell appreciation sign got destroyed in the rain.

Article Tools