MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Admitted into Social Science and told i wont be able to switch into a Science program MariaQ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 25 05-23-2010 03:47 PM
Arts and Science vs. Health Science? ktc11 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-18-2010 08:40 AM
Urgent: Science And Social Science Macpasses Sold Out! casey.park MacInsiders Announcements 29 09-06-2009 09:04 AM
Science...more specifically Life Science Meg543 Academics 9 08-24-2009 07:53 PM
Switching from Social Science to Enviromental Science shirvan Academics 5 10-23-2008 09:58 PM

Science Rendezvous

Old 05-07-2008 at 09:39 AM   #1
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Science Rendezvous
If you're into science (or if just don't have anything to do on Saturday) and are in the GTA you can take advantage of free tours of some really cool sciency places:
* Café Scientifique
* Malls of Science
* Mount Sinai Hospital and St. Michael's Hospital
* Ontario College of Art & Design
* Treehouse Group
* University Health Network
* University of Ontario Institute of Technology
* University of Toronto Mississauga
* University of Toronto St. George Campus
* York University

Check out the site for more info on what you're going to get to see. http://www.sciencerendezvous .ca/
Old 05-07-2008 at 10:17 AM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Not to discourage this post...but you should all be coming to May @ MAC!

Because I said so.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-07-2008 at 10:20 AM   #3
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

What does Ontario College of Art & Design (OCAD) have to do with science? It's an art/design school. Oh well. Their 'Soap Box' piece sounds cool
Old 05-07-2008 at 10:39 AM   #4
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Not to discourage this post...but you should all be coming to May @ MAC!

Because I said so.
Yes incoming students should go to [email protected], the rest of us can enjoy science! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
What does Ontario College of Art & Design (OCAD) have to do with science? It's an art/design school. Oh well. Their 'Soap Box' piece sounds cool
I'm not exactly sure, but they're a university so I'm guessing they gotta have SOME science related programs....
Old 05-07-2008 at 11:26 AM   #5
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Pfft. Who needs science.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 05-07-2008 at 12:17 PM   #6
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorend View Post
Pfft. Who needs science.
Or for that matter arts and soc scis too
Old 05-07-2008 at 04:11 PM   #7
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

If I could do math I'd be in Zoology...so that comment was rather sarcastic on my part...

Old 05-07-2008 at 06:17 PM   #8
DannyV
Elite Member

And if I was any good at ... anything humanities related I would most likely be in a type of humanities or at least a humanities related degree program
Old 05-07-2008 at 07:49 PM   #9
FlyWithMac

Liked: 0 Times

Don't need to go to those places; McMaster is the coolest sciency place everr!

Definitely going on May 10th
Old 05-08-2008 at 01:20 AM   #10
soroush122

Confuseedddd?
I dont get it , these events are going to be simultaneous???? then how can I decide to attend which??? or I can go to each of them in that specified time. anyway , I'll wish to see u guys there.

{
  • Campus Bus Tours (9:30 am - 2:00 pm)
  • Athletics and Recreation Tours (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
  • Faculty/Program Showcare (9:00 am - 2:00 pm)
  • Student Services (9:30 am - 1:30 pm) [come visit me!]
  • McMaster Museum of Art Tours (12 pm - 5 pm)
  • Acceptance to Registration Info Session (12:00 pm - 1:00 pm) This session will give you information on all of the forms in your acceptance package and picking classes, so attend if you can!
  • Residence Tours (10:30 am - 3:00 pm)
  • East Meets West Bowl (kickoff at 4pm)
  • Canadian National Brain Bee (starting at 10 am)
} ???????
Old 05-08-2008 at 06:11 AM   #11
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, the events are all occuring at the same time. Did you read the extended information? It explains how long each of the sessions is, not just the times they occur.

Old 05-08-2008 at 09:12 AM   #12
DannyV
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soroush122 View Post
I dont get it , these events are going to be simultaneous???? then how can I decide to attend which??? or I can go to each of them in that specified time. anyway , I'll wish to see u guys there.

{
  • Campus Bus Tours (9:30 am - 2:00 pm)
  • Athletics and Recreation Tours (10:30 am - 1:30 pm)
  • Faculty/Program Showcare (9:00 am - 2:00 pm)
  • Student Services (9:30 am - 1:30 pm) [come visit me!]
  • McMaster Museum of Art Tours (12 pm - 5 pm)
  • Acceptance to Registration Info Session (12:00 pm - 1:00 pm) This session will give you information on all of the forms in your acceptance package and picking classes, so attend if you can!
  • Residence Tours (10:30 am - 3:00 pm)
  • East Meets West Bowl (kickoff at 4pm)
  • Canadian National Brain Bee (starting at 10 am)
} ???????
The day is filled with events for prospective students. You will have to decide what's important to you.

If I was considering McMaster I would:
  • Take a campus tour
  • Take a residence tour
  • Check out the faculty showcase for the faculty I'm interested in and maybe 1 or 2 other related ones
  • Attend the Acceptance to Registration Info Session
  • anything else on that list that I'm interested in
Old 05-08-2008 at 02:42 PM   #13
soroush122

tnx
hey lorend , I just checked them as you said and they are completely useful, thanks buddy.( I dont catch up what u study ,yet ?? )

DannyV , I appreciate ur suggested check list , I'll try to arrange a same schedule for myself . I might be in your field ( Computer eng + Management) if I don't jump to medical or dentistry related fields.( I got an offer from U of T and UWO for Computer eng and general eng, but my heart lean towards Mcmaster for its campus and better(friendlier) STUDENTS , however I'll make up my mind after May Tour in Mac & U of T)
Old 05-08-2008 at 10:37 PM   #14
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

If you're going to UTM...you're going to be disappointed.