MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Baskin Robbins $0.31 Scoop Night! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 7 05-03-2010 10:18 AM
New Years Reminders lorend MacInsiders Announcements 11 01-05-2010 05:34 PM
Reminders Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-20-2008 07:37 AM
SOLAR reminders Chad ARCHIVES 0 07-19-2007 07:51 AM

The Scoop - reminders and updates

Old 08-09-2007 at 10:55 AM   #1
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

The Scoop - reminders and updates
TheScoop
By Chad Fullerton

Below is a few reminders and updates for everyone. If anyone has more to add let me know and I will include them in the post!

Welcome Day
It's happening tomorrow, and it's going to be great! If you haven't yet, check out the schedule here to see all the great sessions happening. Also, be sure to check our the forum thread.

Welcome Week Concert
It's official... Metric will be the band playing during Welcome Week that we've been waiting to hear about. They will be joining Hedley and Faber Drive who are also playing during Welcome Week. How exciting!

Tuition Payment Due Soon!
Just a friendly reminder that the deadline for tuition payments is August 15th. That's a week away! Be sure to check out the other important dates and deadlines. Note that you can post-date the payment to Sept 1st. If you're paying by cheque, simply stop by the Student Accounts & Cashiers office on the second floor of Gilmour Hall and drop it off in the dropbox. Don't forget to put your full name and student number on the cheque!

Timetables
If you haven't checked out your timetable yet, go now! Visit MUGSI and click the Personal Timetables link. Once open, hold down control and press P to print off the timetable and put it on your wall at home. Very convenient!

Wonderland Anyone?
With less than a month left before school starts, this is your chance to go to Wonderland if you haven't been yet this summer! COMPASS is selling Wonderland tickets at a great price. Adult One-Day Pass valid May 6 - October 7is only $38!
Old 08-09-2007 at 12:02 PM   #2
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

LOL. i love the image.
Old 08-09-2007 at 12:52 PM   #3
mgallant

Liked: 7 Times

tuition is due in a week? =/.

i dont even know where to start for that! how do i go about doing that?
Old 08-09-2007 at 01:08 PM   #4
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

Have you accepted your Payment Agreement yet and selected a method that you are going to pay? (ie: online, cheque, etc)
Old 08-09-2007 at 03:06 PM   #5
mgallant

yeah, i have. i just don't know what to do from there!
Old 08-09-2007 at 03:40 PM   #6
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

The info you need is in the payment agreement.
Old 08-09-2007 at 03:53 PM   #7
mgallant

alright, thanks!
Old 08-09-2007 at 08:35 PM   #8
Kevin

Liked: 1 Time

So for the tuition payment that's due soon, does that include everything on the payment agreement such as meal plan, etc? If I chose the payment in full option, do I pay the amount next to "balance forward"? And also is there a way to see if mac got my money?...cause I'm paying online and I don't do online banking often so I might screw it up somehow. Thanks!
Old 08-09-2007 at 08:44 PM   #9
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Your tuition is just your student fees, and the fees for the courses. If meal plan and residence are associated with this payment, it will indicate so (I can't remember if it did so for me or not; but I don't recall it being there).

And yes, you can see if your payment has gone through online, by checking student acounts and cashiers if i'm not mistaken.
Old 08-09-2007 at 10:11 PM   #10
Kevin

Liked: 1 Time

Thanks lorend for answering my questions...but now I have another one.
What if I pay the full amount that I owe but then in september I decide to drop a class or two. Do I get a refund and if so, how?
Old 08-09-2007 at 10:22 PM   #11
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Yes, you do get a refund. I did it for a summer school class.

I forget the exact procedure now...but I believe it means going to SOLAR and dropping the course.

depending on when you drop will equate to how much money you recieve; and it varies by faculty. basically, the sooner you drop, the more money you get. and i'm not sure if there is a certain time when you drop and you don't get a refund.

but, once you've dropped your class, you go to student accounts and cashiers, and say you've dropped your courses and you would like your refund. it takes about a week to process...but then you get your money back.

sadly cuz i can't remember the exact process i have a feeling my step-by-step instructions (ha!) here are a bit off...
Old 08-09-2007 at 11:24 PM   #12
Chad
MacInsiders Staff

If you drop classes before a certain date then you can be refunded for that class. You'll have to check the Accounts and Cashiers website or phone them for details.
Old 08-09-2007 at 11:31 PM   #13
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

haha. thanks.

i had a feeling i garbled that slightly.