MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
@muss.cis.mcmaster.ca vs @mcmaster.ca KMoney First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 09-13-2010 06:04 PM
Life secrets thread Mr. Pink General Discussion 8 02-07-2010 04:24 PM

SECRETS of McMaster!!!!

Members have rated post #182501 as the best response. Skip right to it!
Old 11-09-2010 at 02:46 AM   #166
Krazy Sailor

Liked: Liked 4 Times

South wings in Hedden work well too
Old 11-09-2010 at 03:03 AM   #167
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Mills library, 4th floor. Bathrooms = sparkle clean like nobody uses them.

aa84 says thanks to Afzal for this post.

Desda, Maegs like this.
Old 11-09-2010 at 02:30 PM   #168
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post

Question: are we allowed in convocational hall?
I had a final exam in there last year. I have to say, it felt like an honour just be let through the doors. It's an inspiring room full of memorabilia and the old big wooden stage at the front. Good stuff.
Old 11-09-2010 at 07:59 PM   #169
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nila* View Post
I have nothing against health sci library except its design...having to go up the stairs to get in and then go down again to get into the study areas. You really couldn't make a hole in the wall on the first floor for a door? :S
Lmao, that reminded me of someone I know.
Old 11-09-2010 at 08:43 PM   #170
nila*

Liked: 52 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiemac View Post
I had a final exam in there last year. I have to say, it felt like an honour just be let through the doors. It's an inspiring room full of memorabilia and the old big wooden stage at the front. Good stuff.
really? I find the paintings to be kind of creepy and the display cases to be distracting.

The red curtains are awesome though.
Old 11-09-2010 at 10:06 PM   #171
aa84

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh999 View Post
Maybe that person just sold some textbooks?
or pay rent.. thats exactly what my rent is
Old 11-10-2010 at 07:48 AM   #172
jackiemac

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
really? I find the paintings to be kind of creepy and the display cases to be distracting.

The red curtains are awesome though.
They were a little distracting, that's true, but I find distractions in any exam setting so I guess it didn't bug me more than usual.

Love the curtains.
Old 11-10-2010 at 09:43 AM   #173
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
I have nothing against health sci library except its design...having to go up the stairs to get in and then go down again to get into the study areas. You really couldn't make a hole in the wall on the first floor for a door? :S
Yeah the whole logic behind those stairs is just stupid.
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 11-10-2010 at 05:02 PM   #174
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiemac View Post
I went in there... once. It was open because a lady was cleaning the carpets and she didn't say anything when I walked in. I was in there for like 1/2 hour looking at all the gargoyles/faces staring down at you from the ceiling and reading all the history in the bookcases... has anyone read any of that stuff? It's super cool and really interesting. Or maybe other people haven't had the time/opportunity to look around. It's neat stuff though. Don't you need an ID Pass/Card thing to get in there? There was a panel for a card and a red light that the lady switched off.
Old 11-10-2010 at 06:48 PM   #175
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
I went in there... once. It was open because a lady was cleaning the carpets and she didn't say anything when I walked in. I was in there for like 1/2 hour looking at all the gargoyles/faces staring down at you from the ceiling and reading all the history in the bookcases... has anyone read any of that stuff? It's super cool and really interesting. Or maybe other people haven't had the time/opportunity to look around. It's neat stuff though. Don't you need an ID Pass/Card thing to get in there? There was a panel for a card and a red light that the lady switched off.
which place are you talking about?
Old 11-10-2010 at 07:15 PM   #176
anon491
Professional Fangirl

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afzal View Post
which place are you talking about?
convocation hall
Old 11-10-2010 at 10:29 PM   #177
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

As far as the tunnels go, I was kinda half expecting some ****ing dungeon shit going on.
Looks more like a highschool.
Old 11-10-2010 at 10:50 PM   #178
justinsftw
Elite Member

Liked: 342 Times

I was hoping that there were torches and bricks. The buildings made out of old stone bricks are kind of cool, but only to look at. When you go inside (especially University Hall), it smells like the remains of a thousand piss puddles.

EDIT: Still talking about the tunnels.
Old 11-10-2010 at 10:51 PM   #179
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinsftw View Post
I was hoping that there were torches and bricks. The buildings made out of old stone bricks are kind of cool, but only to look at. When you go inside (especially University Hall), it smells like the remains of a thousand piss puddles.

EDIT: Still talking about the tunnels.
Lol yeah.
Although I like the design of hamilton hall.
Kinda old stylish on the outside, yet, new and advanced on the inside.