MacInsiders Logo

How to set up DC++

Old 09-01-2008 at 03:03 PM   #31
Cippi

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaki View Post
cant find the hub.. do i have to be connected to mcmasters network (internet) or can i access it from home too
You have to be connected to the internal McMaster network, it won't work from home.

says thanks to Cippi for this post.
Old 09-02-2008 at 12:36 AM   #32
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Is the internal network MacConnect? Also, to use DC++, do you need to use the ethernet cable?

btw i still keep getting this error:
"*** A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."
Old 09-02-2008 at 01:08 PM   #33
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

I'm pretty sure you can not connect to DC from MacConnect (i.e. wireless hotspots on campus). You'll need to be on residence (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Old 09-03-2008 at 09:26 AM   #34
blackdragon
Elite Member

I am in res. In Matthews Hall.

Could someone tell me what i need to do?
Old 09-03-2008 at 02:16 PM   #35
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Blackdragon,

Use an ethernet cable to connect your computer to the internet. Then follow my instructions on the first page of this thread.
Old 09-03-2008 at 03:38 PM   #36
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth526 View Post
I'm pretty sure you can not connect to DC from MacConnect (i.e. wireless hotspots on campus). You'll need to be on residence (please correct me if I'm wrong).
I'd be interested in finding this out as well. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers
Old 09-03-2008 at 03:44 PM   #37
anita

Liked: 0 Times

DC ++ for a mac
hey i have a macbook and i downloaded the shaksepeare thing but i cant seem to get anything to work , the instructions that are posted doesn't seem like it fits for shakespeare?
could anyone help me out
Old 09-03-2008 at 03:48 PM   #38
RoyK
Zetsubou Sensei

Liked: 71 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita View Post
hey i have a macbook and i downloaded the shaksepeare thing but i cant seem to get anything to work , the instructions that are posted doesn't seem like it fits for shakespeare?
could anyone help me out
I'm not sure what you mean by shakespeare (is it software or something you're trying to talk about?), but if you have a Mac, executable files won't work (.exe) unless you've got something like parallels on your mac and are able to run windows. As well, I believe you placed this in the wrong thread since this is aimed towards DC++
Old 09-03-2008 at 05:12 PM   #39
blackdragon
Elite Member

i can only connect to LAN when i use the ethernet cable, not the internet... whats wrong?
Old 09-04-2008 at 07:19 AM   #40
Bobert

Liked: Liked 2 Times

hey thanks for the tutorial on that man. worked great! : )
Old 09-04-2008 at 11:32 AM   #41
veena_vd

Liked: 2 Times

Hi there, ive been haveing some problems with Dc++ I keep getting an error message that says: error creating magnet registry key, and another saying failed to load certificate file// what should i do?
Old 09-04-2008 at 01:40 PM   #42
lucc

Hey there guys,

Just wondering if it's possible to use DC++ by plugging in an ethernet cord to my laptop at (for example) the library. Will I be able to access the Mac Hub this way or do I need to be in a dorm to do it? I'm an upper year student and no longer live in residence so I'm hoping there's still a way for me to use DC++ when I'm on campus.
Old 09-04-2008 at 01:43 PM   #43
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

Blackdragon, I don't understand. How are you posting a message if you're not on the internet?

Veena, try going to file, settings, connections and select passive. See if that works.

Lucc, not sure, but I think I heard that it works.

If anyone has problems they can't solve, you can ask your CA's. ALso, don't hesitate to come by my room 101 in mckay. I don't bite Plus, if anyone wants to play rock band tonight, I'll set it up again in first floor mckay common room.

lucc says thanks to mitch for this post.
Old 09-05-2008 at 04:36 AM   #44
blackdragon
Elite Member

Mitch, i was posting using wireless internet - MacConnect.

But anyways, i got the direct connection working thanks guys
Old 09-05-2008 at 08:44 AM   #45
Danny

I'm having the same problems as Veena and changed it to a passive connection but it didn't seem to work. Also, when I setup a password in the properties panel of "Favourite Hubs" for Mac's, I get this in the chat window when I'm trying to connect:

09:32] *** Connecting to machub.dyndns.org...
[09:32] *** Connected
[09:32] <Hub> YnHub version: 1.036 produced by Yoshi, Nev and Todi.
[09:32] *** Stored password sent...
[09:32] <Hub> Incorrect password
[09:32] *** Connection closed

Even when I take out the password, I end up losing the connection because it says:

[09:40] *** Connecting to machub.dyndns.org...
[09:40] *** Connected
[09:40] <Hub> YnHub version: 1.036 produced by Yoshi, Nev and Todi.
[09:41] <Hub> You've been disconnected because the negotiation between your client and the hub took too long
[09:41] *** Connection closed

Jeez, I hate Vista.