MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Awesome History Courses? britb Academics 2 06-13-2010 05:43 PM
Share your AWESOME YouTube Videos. lorend Computers & Tech 17 04-22-2010 02:03 AM
Dr. Peace is awesome! macculkin General Discussion 10 10-30-2009 02:03 AM
How to be awesome. chutneyP Academics 17 08-25-2009 12:41 PM
Share Your Photos of the World Alvand General Discussion 22 07-17-2009 09:36 PM

Share something awesome that happened to you!

Old 07-17-2009 at 06:53 PM   #136
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiejesus View Post
I got kicked out of two rez's last year...
Wow really? What did you do to manage that lol?
Old 07-17-2009 at 06:58 PM   #137
zombiejesus

Liked: 80 Times

Well I did something incredibly stupid first semester involving a fire extinguisher duel , a wrecked common room, and a 5 am fire alarm. After that, getting removed from a second residence is pretty easy! My room mate having the room constantly hot boxed certainly didn't help matters much. I also went through 3 room mates and actually managed to drive the second one out through a joke gone bad...
Old 07-17-2009 at 07:04 PM   #138
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Well I did something incredibly stupid first semester involving a fire extinguisher duel , a wrecked common room, and a 5 am fire alarm. After that, getting removed from a second residence is pretty easy! My room mate having the room constantly hot boxed certainly didn't help matters much. I also went through 3 room mates and actually managed to drive the second one out through a joke gone bad...
Wow... a fire extinguisher duel? o.O
Old 07-17-2009 at 07:11 PM   #139
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
That is hilarious, in a totally not supposed to be hilarious kind of way. Fire Extinguisher duel? Hahahahah! Totally not safe tho

What was the joke-gone-bad?
Old 07-17-2009 at 07:20 PM   #140
zombiejesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
That is hilarious, in a totally not supposed to be hilarious kind of way. Fire Extinguisher duel? Hahahahah! Totally not safe tho

What was the joke-gone-bad?
Yeah it was pretty intense... theres a video of it on facebook that I'd link you to but its probably better to keep it off the forum aha! I ended up getting chest x-rays to make sure that the bad cough I picked up after the incident wasn't due to calcium carbonite lining my air sacs. I'll say this though... after Emerson did what he did to Brandon you really can't get away with anything in a McMaster residence. I've never heard of anyone getting kicked out at other universities (maybe I just have good friends?) but I know plenty of people who were kicked out of my first rez, Hedden, including 4 or more on my floor alone! In my ignorant and biased opinion, I think RLS for the most part is one of the biggest bunch of politically correct **** retentive organizations at any campus in the province. I'll be curious if the coming frosh will have any fun cheers because they might set the wrong example or offend someone, oh gosh!

As for the joke, my second room mate asked me how I got kicked out of my first residence and my friends moving me in told him that I got in a knife fight. A few months prior I had gotten in a pretty nasty accident at work lifeguarding (hey it happens aha) and I am the proud owner of a pretty knife fight-looking scar on my right oblique, so it really sold the joke to this poor guy who unfortunately had no sense of humour. The guy basically was a shut-in in every sense of the word and was very quiet and mild mannered, so this conflict essentailly soiled university for him. He dropped out after the Christmas break, but I only learned months after that from one of my CA's that it was directly because of my existence in his room.... supposedly he couldn't sleep or study because he sincerely believed that I was a knife wielding maniac... so thats my cross/shame to bear!

Last edited by zombiejesus : 07-17-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2009 at 07:24 PM   #141
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Yeah it was pretty intense... theres a video of it on facebook that I'd link you to but its probably better to keep it off the forum aha! I ended up getting chest x-rays to make sure that the bad cough I picked up after the incident wasn't due to calcium carbonite lining my air sacs. I'll say this though... after Emerson did what he did to Brandon you really can't get away with anything in a McMaster residence. I've never heard of anyone getting kicked out at other universities (maybe I just have good friends?) but I know plenty of people who were kicked out of my first rez, Hedden, including 4 or more on my floor alone! In my ignorant and biased opinion, I think RLS for the most part is one of the biggest bunch of politically correct **** retentive organizations at any campus in the provice.

As for the joke, my second room mate asked me how I got kicked out of my first residence and my friends moving me in told him that I got in a knife fight. A few months prior I had gotten in a pretty nasty accident at work lifeguarding (hey it happens aha) and I am the proud owner of a pretty knife fight-looking scar on my right oblique, so it really sold the joke to this poor guy who unfortunately had no sense of humour. The guy basically was a shut-in in every sense of the word and was very quiet and mild mannered, so this conflict essentailly soiled university for him. He dropped out after the Christmas break, but I only learned months after that from one of my CA's that it was directly because of my existence in his room.... supposedly he couldn't sleep or study because he sincerely believed that I was a knife wielding maniac... so thats my cross/shame to bear!
Can you Private Message me the link to the video?
Old 07-17-2009 at 07:29 PM   #142
zombiejesus

Will do but only time will tell if it works.
Old 07-17-2009 at 07:53 PM   #143
PTGregD
Elite Member

Quote:
Will do but only time will tell if it works.
That was the best minute and 49 seconds of my life. LOL
Old 07-17-2009 at 08:33 PM   #144
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

I'm curious too now about this video...
Old 07-17-2009 at 09:23 PM   #145
kokosas
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 23 Times

I ate the best watermelon EVAR today. I think I polished off like half of it all on my own. Fan-freaking-tastic. Nom noms.

Old 07-17-2009 at 09:40 PM   #146
zombiejesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTGregD View Post
That was the best minute and 49 seconds of my life. LOL
Wait until I get pictures up of the time we got every paper towel roll in the building and unrolled them in our friends' room when they left their room unlocked one weekend... we're talking 2-3 feet high of paper towel!

BlakeM likes this.
Old 07-17-2009 at 09:47 PM   #147
davey
Elite Member

Liked: 14 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosas View Post
I ate the best watermelon EVAR today. I think I polished off like half of it all on my own. Fan-freaking-tastic. Nom noms.
Ah! I had the worst watermelon ever today! I don't know what was wrong with it, i guess it was unripe. not tasty at all... fail!
Old 07-17-2009 at 11:00 PM   #148
meerf

Liked: 7 Times

i have been averaging 13 hours of sleep this past week..

zoyy likes this.
Old 07-19-2009 at 07:57 PM   #149
Joseph

Liked: 132 Times

Today, I was at the Jays vs. Red Sox game at the Rogers Centre. Jacoby Ellsbury (Red Sox centre fielder) threw a game-used baseball towards our section, and I caught it! That’s not all though! At the end of the game, I ran to the Red Sox dugout and got it signed by Jason Bay!

It was great game, the Jays won, Halladay pitched an awesome game (he got 7 strikeouts, which meant free pizza!), and I got a nice souvenir!

Old 07-19-2009 at 07:59 PM   #150
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

Nice Joseph thats pretty sick man

Cootes Paradise Club Leader
MacTV Executive Producer