MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Biology 2G03: Inquiry into Current Issues in Biodiversity sinthusized 2nd Year Course Reviews 5 03-23-2011 04:12 PM
Events? RyanC General Discussion 8 03-31-2010 10:41 PM
Formal events? inthemaking General Discussion 1 08-30-2008 01:04 AM
New events website! admin Computers & Tech 0 09-19-2006 10:56 AM

Should we worry of current terrorism events?

Old 12-27-2009 at 03:27 PM   #16
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Butter View Post
I think that asians are very jealous of us white people. I mean, in all honesty, all developed and wealthy countries are predomiannately white even though the world's population is only ~10% white
Oh yeah? Look at which country has all the economic power now.

By the way, do you know how much the Americas owe the World Bank and China?

PS. Who would believe someone who couldn't spell and use punctuation marks properly?

Last edited by VastHorizon : 12-27-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-27-2009 at 03:45 PM   #17
sniderj
Elite Member

Liked: 177 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastHorizon View Post
PS. Who would believe someone who couldn't spell and use punctuation marks properly?
hahaha. This is my favorite feature of forums. The ever-popular "You made a spelling mistake, so your opinion is not valid". I'm sure there were plenty of great leaders and visionaries in history who couldn't spell. Do you write Einstein off because he wasn't great at math?

Please Please PLEASE don't interpret this as my agreeing with the statement about people being jealous of white people. I'm making NO comment on that. I'm only laughing at the concept of the above mentioned strategy to discredit others.

Iamanonymous likes this.
Old 12-27-2009 at 04:01 PM   #18
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

You should worry more about how the media is brainwashing you.

lawleypop likes this.
Old 12-27-2009 at 06:05 PM   #19
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

the media just has to go and over hype everything.....
Old 12-27-2009 at 06:45 PM   #20
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

I'm just annoyed that I can't use my laptop in the last hour of flights anymore....
Old 12-28-2009 at 02:16 AM   #21
JeffB

Liked: 26 Times

I usually find that my laptop is dead by the last hour of flights I am on. I should mention that the majority of my flying is 4 hours or a little over 1 hour so you dont really have time to even pull it out.
Old 12-28-2009 at 03:59 AM   #22
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniderj View Post
Do you write Einstein off because he wasn't great at math?
That's actually a myth. Einstein actually owned math so hard that his teachers couldn't understand what he was doing and assumed it was wrong. It also didn't help that he constantly told them they were doinitwrong to the point of pissing them off.
Old 12-28-2009 at 05:30 AM   #23
jade177

Liked: 8 Times

I agree that it is not very convenient with the new stricter rules about how you are no longer allowed to have anything out during the last hour of flights. However, I do understand the concerns of the airlines, and agree that the safety of all passengers is more important than having access to entertainment during the last hour of flights. I'd rather be bored out of my mind during the last hour of a flight than be a victim of an act of terrorism.

Personally, I am currently in Sweden visiting family, and it is going to be a disaster trying to get back home, because I have 3 flights to get home, including from Copenhagen to Chicago, and from Chicago back to Toronto. We are trying to change our flights, because flying through the US is going to be very inconvenient due to the new security measures. And with only an hour and a half for our stopover in Chicago, it is almost guaranteed that we will miss our flight, since they will be making us get our bags, go through customs, and then recheck them, as well as other security measures. And this is in the case that our flight is not cancelled, as I have heard that many flights into and from the States have been cancelled in light of the recent circumstances. Wish me luck
Old 12-28-2009 at 09:25 AM   #24
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownaginatios View Post
That's actually a myth. Einstein actually owned math so hard that his teachers couldn't understand what he was doing and assumed it was wrong. It also didn't help that he constantly told them they were doinitwrong to the point of pissing them off.
Yeah, he actually understood math extremely well. He was well ahead of his peers when he was a kid. He was pretty much learning advanced math just like students these days in "enriched math" but MUCH faster and it was self learning.

http://www.time.com/time/specials/pa...936758,00.html
Old 12-28-2009 at 10:51 AM   #25
ayiri

Liked: 7 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade177 View Post

Personally, I am currently in Sweden visiting family, and it is going to be a disaster trying to get back home, because I have 3 flights to get home, including from Copenhagen to Chicago, and from Chicago back to Toronto. We are trying to change our flights, because flying through the US is going to be very inconvenient due to the new security measures. And with only an hour and a half for our stopover in Chicago, it is almost guaranteed that we will miss our flight, since they will be making us get our bags, go through customs, and then recheck them, as well as other security measures. And this is in the case that our flight is not cancelled, as I have heard that many flights into and from the States have been cancelled in light of the recent circumstances. Wish me luck
i feel for uu
im coming back from the middle east through washington d.c. then on to toronto. i have a feeling the whole process is going to be more annoying than usual
Old 12-28-2009 at 11:57 AM   #26
DJ_JJ

Liked: 0 Times

You are living in the realms of fear, so just MOSSSSSSSSS
Old 12-28-2009 at 12:26 PM   #27
deadpool
X-Man

Liked: 392 Times

guys,

just to update everyone.

i finished the campaign and most of special ops mode. consider me a lean, mean, counter-terrorism machine.

plus i watched The Unit and 24 which are shows about CT so I'm good to go.

lorend likes this.
Old 12-28-2009 at 01:47 PM   #28
Iamanonymous

Liked: 20 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Butter View Post
I think that asians are very jealous of us white people. I mean, in all honesty, all developed and wealthy countries are predomiannately white even though the world's population is only ~10% white
That's a generalization. First of all there are Asians who are jealous of white people for varying reasons such as living in the white privilege, apparently the standard of beauty is anything that is close enough to caucasian features (If you look at a lot of non-white countries, their celebrities look like or try to look like and have features that are close enough to white people), etc.

At the same time there are Asians who are not jealous at all of white people for varying reasons such as they see their own race as better that the caucasian race, white people are racist and oppressive (Given the history of white people oppressing non-whites in their own country), and has the obesity gene, too light skin for their taste, etc.

Besides, people will not be jealous of a race based on the fact that all the developed and wealthy countries are predominantly white. I don't think you realized that Russia is part of Asia. Russians are considered as white people. Also, China is not a poor country so is Saudi Arabia.
Old 12-28-2009 at 02:18 PM   #29
blenicnl

Liked: 4 Times

You'd be a fool to worry. I highly doubt that MAC would be a coveted target for a terrorist organization. Also there is nothing to be gained from worry except added stress leading to an early grave. Personally I just accept the fact that there are tons of things out of my control not worth worrying over, this is one of them.
Old 12-28-2009 at 05:43 PM   #30
Rossclot

Liked: 137 Times

There is actually a lot you can do to end "terrorism" and none of them involves using weapons or violence.