MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Table Tennis Team Try-Outs recyclebin12 MacInsiders Announcements 11 10-03-2010 06:14 PM
Shout Out From Andrew Ko :) andrewklko Introduce Yourself 1 09-09-2010 07:39 PM
shout out to all who got into eng phys!!! mehtad5 Academics 12 06-14-2010 01:51 PM
Number of Minors myoozik General Discussion 28 06-21-2009 10:48 PM
Minors Kevin Academics 4 05-14-2008 10:28 AM

shout outs to all the econ minors I need your help!

Old 09-01-2011 at 04:31 PM   #1
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

shout outs to all the econ minors I need your help!
Hey Guys,

I want to minor in economics, and am not sure which courses to take for second year. By the looks of it (feel free to correct me if im wrong) 2G03, 2GG3, 2H03, 2HH3 seem hard, and the rest of the second year courses are easier.

because I want to get into co-op third year, I need to make it as easy as possible for me to get high marks, I feel I should take:

Econ 2G03 (a requisite for a lot of 3rd year courses), and 3 other easier economics courses this year.

So what are the easiest 2nd year econ options (of which im only allowed to take 2) and what are the easiest 3rd year options (I might take one this year), im good at math, I haven't written an essay in 3 years, and I would prefer to keep it that way.

Or is it stupid to do 4 economics courses this year? mind you in the following years I'll have work terms and will be at school for only the 1st semester, (except for the 4th year). I dunno, are economics courses bird courses?....probably not.
Old 09-02-2011 at 08:56 AM   #2
tyrant
Account Locked

Liked: 121 Times

bump

which econ courses are easy in 2nd year?
Old 09-06-2011 at 12:58 PM   #3
Jazza

Liked: 0 Times

2G03 (for social science) is the same as 2X03 (for business). All of the courses you suggested that seems difficult to you were easy for me. No essays in any of those courses. 2H03, 2HH3 and 2GG3 require basic knowledge of calculus. I have had Khan, Letendre and Aswani respectively in those courses. I liked Khan's class the best because he provided CCW where most test and assignment questions come from, but slightly altered. 2H03 was the easiest out of the three because of this sole reason, so the course didn't require much attention and practise. In the end, my mark was high (A) with little effort put into the course. Aswani's class (2GG3) was also easy since all of the assessment questions were directly from his notes. I liked 2HH3 the least because I found this class required the most attention than the other two to do well (A- and above).
Old 09-06-2011 at 01:34 PM   #4
Krusenik
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

I'm currently pursuing a minor in econ too..

I just took econ 2g03(aka econ 2x03) it was really easy with dr.hannah holmes. There's some really basic calculus but it was really easy...

Econ 2h03 is supposed to be easy too, i'm taking it with khan this semester. Everyone else who've taken it said it was easy because khan is an easy professor due to his custom courseware as mentioned above.

EASY ECON ELECTIVES:

-econ 2j03 (dr. khan): environmental economics. the topic might sound boring but it's easy and not as boring as i thought it would be. you should get a 12 in this course.

-econ 2d03 (only with dr.khan): economic issues. interesting course that's marked easily if you have dr.khan.

TL;DR

take courses with Dr.Khan or Professor Holmes. Other econ profs i've liked: o'shaunessy, but she's not easy. I like her teaching style though.