MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DC++: Getting Started sjager Computers & Tech 70 11-04-2010 04:06 PM
Are we supposed to have started Engineer 1A00? Jayson193 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 15 09-12-2010 09:39 PM
McMaster Summer School for high school student MacPack First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 08-04-2010 06:35 PM
First year, started my readings and freaking out!? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 09-14-2009 12:04 AM

Since its been 3 weekish since school started

Old 09-24-2010 at 11:20 PM   #1
Yakattack
Chatbot 2.0

Liked: 80 Times

Since its been 3 weekish since school started
Which clubs have you joined
Which clubs have you actually went to
and Which clubs are you waiting on?

(donno if this goes to general or clubs since clubs is for club info I think)
Old 09-24-2010 at 11:24 PM   #2
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakattack View Post
Which clubs have you joined
Which clubs have you actually went to
and Which clubs are you waiting on?

(donno if this goes to general or clubs since clubs is for club info I think)
Pretty much none since I'm still waiting on emails for all of them for info and what not.

Checked out the Fencing Club... not interested in paying that much money.
I get a bunch of emails from McMaster Marching Band but once again I didn't go try out because I don't ****ing have access to a saxophone or anything and I'm not gonna rent one for a day. >_<

And that's it. Still waiting to hear from the Pool Club, mostly.

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 09-24-2010 at 11:26 PM   #3
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

none
none
none

I didn't receive any emails last year from the math and stats society. I am automatically in the SEC. Although we CS people have a little group of ours anyway...and we're all its Presidents

oh wait...i did go to the McMaster School of Bhangra, but my schedule doesn't really fit their timings ... too many assignments
Old 09-25-2010 at 04:59 AM   #4
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Solar Car, but they cocked up and switched rooms last-minute. McMaster Chinese Engineering society (lol not even yellow) has spammed me but I ain't going.

Beyond those two, nothing. Gotta love clubs never getting back to you.

Old 09-25-2010 at 06:44 AM   #5
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

The Cancer Society, Right To Play (I think my friend signed me up for this, because I sure as hell didn't), Kids Help Phone, Free The Children, and Educators Beyond Borders have all gotten back to me.
Old 09-25-2010 at 11:27 AM   #6
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

A combination of not caring about my culture/religion, not being asian, and not needing a random filler club to look good on my resume precludes me from joining about 90% of clubs on campus, I didn't find any I was particularly interested in in the last 10%

andrew22 likes this.
Old 09-25-2010 at 12:05 PM   #7
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Deca U - Joined last year, going again this year

McMaster Solar Car (Business Team) - Joined last year too. I encourage anyone who's in or interested in business to join.

SWHAT - Just had my first shift ever yesterday

DeGroote Accounting Association - Haven't been to any events yet though, but got a membership

I put my name down for the Economics society, like last year, although last year I didn't go to any of the events either =/

My roommate from first year is in the McMaster School of Bhangra... I checked out the first meeting with Afzal. I wouldn't mind trying it out although I'd be very out of place being the only Asian guy there. >__>
Old 09-25-2010 at 01:28 PM   #8
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

MI, pk, and solar car.
Didn't make the rowing team thing and missed my chance with the EFRT, so maybe will check out veggie/german/french clubs. Probably will focus on school though, rather than clubs.
Old 09-25-2010 at 02:44 PM   #9
sweetrachel

Liked: 6 Times

Went to debate club, COPE and Bio society, and going to the equestrian club meeting next week.
Old 09-25-2010 at 07:02 PM   #10
temptingf8
Elite Member

Liked: 129 Times

We weren't at Clubs Fest, just Eng Fest. But I help run the show for the McMaster Engineering Custom Vehicle Team... you know, the Carpool, obnoxious roofless Tempo beater car, yada yada.

We're open to anybody, Eng or not. JUST putting that out there.