MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are you planning after university? daxter General Discussion 46 10-21-2010 03:50 PM
timetable planning sparks First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 07-10-2009 08:53 AM
The How To: Event Planning ferreinm Getting Involved 0 01-18-2009 09:14 PM

So who's planning on getting Trine 2?

Old 11-30-2011 at 09:18 AM   #1
Yogurt

Liked: 237 Times

So who's planning on getting Trine 2?
So who's ever heard of it, or played the first Trine?

This game is ****ing beautiful. The level of detail put into every inch of this game is astounding, much more so considering it's from an indie game studio.

For those of you who don't know, Trine is a side-scrolling action-adveture-puzzle platformer by the independent game studio Frozenbyte. I only just got the game about 3 weeks ago, and holy shit am I impressed. I'm usually not one for side-scrollers or platformers or puzzle games, much less so for all three, but I've literally fallen in love with this game(s).

The artstyle, graphics, music, voice acting, and the storybook atmosphere as a whole is mind-blowingly beautiful. I'd go so far to as say that Trine is one of the best games, visual-wise, ever made.

And seeing as the storyline and enemy variety were the two major gripes in the first game (see why), and Trine 2 takes care of all that, and it's more beautiful that Trine, and has a much better physics engine, I'd say Trine 2 has potential for being one of the best games ever made, indie or not.

Also, as Misspolitics pointed out below, Trine is currently on the Mac App Store for only $1.99. I had initially bought the Mac App Store version not knowing there was a Steam version, then went ahead and purchased it again, this time on Steam, for $9.99. Besides wanting all my games linked to Steam, I'd happily pay the money to support unknown developers pushing out work of such high calibre. It's better than half the "famous" games out there.

Trine 2's coming out next month for Playstation 3, Xbox 360, Mac and PC. It's up for pre-order on Steam right now for $14.99 (well worth the price), which also gives you beta access to the first 2 levels. Linux support will come sometime later. Here's a peek of it for those interested.

Trine 2 Homepage | Trine on Mac App Store | Trine on Steam | Trine 2 on Steam

An in-game (not pre-rendered) screenshot

Trine 2 Trailer

WTF is Trine 2 by TotalBiscuit

Last edited by Yogurt : 11-30-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-30-2011 at 09:29 AM   #2
Misspolitics

Liked: 96 Times

Trine is also $1.99 on the mac app store
Old 11-30-2011 at 09:32 AM   #3
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

I plan to pick it up on PSN whenever they get around to releasing it there
Old 11-30-2011 at 09:49 AM   #4
Yogurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailsnake View Post
I plan to pick it up on PSN whenever they get around to releasing it there
They're aiming for the PSN, XBLA, Steam Mac and PC launches on the same day. Linux will come sometime later.

Misspolitics likes this.
Old 12-05-2011 at 02:16 PM   #5
Yogurt

Release dates are finally here!

Quote:
The long wait is over and the release info is finally here.

Trine 2 will be released for PC and Mac on December 7th and the console versions on the 21st of December. Linux to follow in 2012.

So there you go, two more days until PC and Mac, plus another two weeks for the consoles.
Almost there.

-Mikael
Can't wait!
Old 12-05-2011 at 02:29 PM   #6
Tailsnake
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 453 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt View Post
I'm hoping they put the original on sale when they release this, should be fun for a few days during christmas