MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engineering Level Cut-offs* kanishka MacInsiders Announcements 72 11-28-2010 11:17 PM
What time does solar reopen for level 2 science students? killza Academics 42 07-12-2010 02:37 PM
Anyone going to Engineering Level 2 ????? endearing66 Academics 15 07-06-2009 05:59 AM
Getting into level 2 engineering Programme anthonyvella First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 29 03-12-2009 08:42 PM

SOLAR Level 1 Engineering

Old 07-02-2008 at 04:56 AM   #1
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Liked: 46 Times

SOLAR Level 1 Engineering
Hi everyone!

I recently (50 minutes ago ) attempted to register all of my courses for Level 1 Engineering - on at 5AM as lorend suggested... good idea! I was able to get all of the courses done except registration in Math 1Z04 and Math 1ZZ5. 1Z04 is a prereq for 1ZZ5, and both are program requirements. I went ahead and confirmed payment so that I would get the electives; I will change later when this is resolved.

SOLAR told me that I do not have the prerequisites for 1Z04; I checked the Mac website, and it said that the only requisite was registration in a program in Engineering. I have all of the necessary high school math courses.

One thing that occurred to me, as Chad mentioned in his awesome article (good job btw) was that the system might be confused regarding the old/new calculus (I have the old calculus, MCB4U). The suggested solution was to ask my faculty what to do.

In attempting to do this, I was directed to the [email protected] account, which is now the crux of the problem. The email I sent to it bounced, saying the account is now inactive.

Does anyone know how to contact the engineering faculty? I looked all over for it, but kept getting the askeng; so if anyone finds it in a particularly easy place, I apologise for missing it! (A long and sorrid tale for an ultimately basic question... figured I'd lead up to it )

Cheers
Old 07-02-2008 at 05:57 AM   #2
zaidyusufani
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 0 Times

I have the same problem, I registered all the courses except MATH 1Z04 and MATH 1ZZ5 !!

I did A Level Maths and got an "A" so they gave me credit transfer for MATH 1Z04, I don't have to study MATH 1Z04 but Im getting the same problem when I register in SOLAR :S

I tried to contact the engineering faculty but I didn't find an email for this situation so I sent an email to [email protected] (which is an email for the registrar not engineering faculty) but I didn't get an answer yet
Old 07-02-2008 at 07:19 AM   #3
dragonfly

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I don't think it's because you have the old maths. I completed the new ones, the ones that are the requirements this year MCF4U and MCV4U (Advanced functions and Vectors & Calculus) and it still won't let me register. I guess it's just a glitch.
Old 07-02-2008 at 12:01 PM   #4
zoyy

Liked: 9 Times

Hi. Sally Williams is in charge of Level 1 undergrads for Eng. Her email is: [email protected] Unfortunately due to high amount of emails she'will be receiving from all Level 1's it may take her awhile to respond. I suggest you just wait it out because it may just be a glitch with SOLAR. But you can always try to email her or call the Eng 1 office. Here's the sight for all the contacts: http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/prospective/contact.htm Best of luck!

Last edited by #Eng. : 07-02-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-02-2008 at 03:19 PM   #5
zaidyusufani
Account Disabled by User

Hi guys,

I sent an email to Sally Williams "[email protected]" and she answered me saying :

"This is a system problem that I am trying to correct ...please register for the other courses in the meantime."

so its just a matter of time
Old 07-02-2008 at 08:02 PM   #6
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Thanks for your input everyone! I'll wait it out for a few days, then email her if it is still not resolved. If anyone has success in this, please post back here!

Cheers
Old 07-02-2008 at 08:06 PM   #7
zaidyusufani
Account Disabled by User

The problem which I had in SOLAR is solved.

Check in SOLAR maybe its solved for you too.
Old 07-02-2008 at 08:56 PM   #8
tungo89
Club G.R.O.S.S.

Thanks for the update! Mine is now working too... registration is all done!

I hope this clears up any questions for other Level 1s who are/were hoplessely confused.....
Old 07-02-2008 at 09:52 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

Glad to hear you got it done! My guess would be that they just found out there was a prerequisit error (people were phoning or emailing to complain) and they fixed it.

If you're ever in need of contacting Engineering staff I'd call instead of emailing next time. Calling gets a much more immediate response

(905) 525-9140 ext. 24646
Fax: (905) 540-1159