MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Daily game Jan 27 : Kill Birds With Rockets 2 Chad Daily Game 0 01-27-2012 04:04 AM
Daily game Nov 24 : Creative Kill Chamber Chad Daily Game 0 11-24-2011 04:10 AM
Daily game Jul 22 : Bunny Kill 5 The Game Chad Daily Game 2 09-08-2011 04:00 PM
Dad: I'll kill my son's murderer if he's released mcmasterrrrr General Discussion 78 03-26-2011 12:57 PM
End frustration with library books! KristaG General Discussion 2 10-19-2007 04:09 PM

SOLAR is trying to kill me with frustration

Old 06-12-2012 at 11:55 PM   #16
smac

Liked: 0 Times

What about SOLAR is causing a lot of over full classes?
Old 06-13-2012 at 12:15 AM   #17
sam_akbari

Liked: 23 Times

lol, I got into Solar, picked as many of the course i could take (which was more than i was hoping), and got out in under 10 minutes.

Seriously, i actually don't see what is taking people so long on SOLAR. One should definitely have an idea of what they're going to take BEFORE they go on SOLAR and waste their time as well as everybody elses.

And yes, if you ***** about SOLAR, people don't ***** AT you, we all ***** WITH you. So please ladies and gentlemen, send out all hate to SOLAR ... and hopefully mcmaster can deliver us of this terrible system!
Old 06-13-2012 at 12:30 AM   #18
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

What happens if you can't get the courses you need in order to switch into another program for next year?.. BIO2C03/D03 & F03 all full within the hour :S wthec?
Old 06-13-2012 at 12:38 AM   #19
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ish- View Post
What happens if you can't get the courses you need in order to switch into another program for next year?.. BIO2C03/D03 & F03 all full within the hour :S wthec?

Are you kidding me? I still havent gotten onto solar and I need those courses for my program.....
Old 06-13-2012 at 01:24 AM   #20
Christ

Liked: 9 Times

It's stupid once the 7 day period is up and you're literally forced to take and pay for some course you never even wanted to take but have to in order to fulfill full time studies. FML WHY.
Old 06-13-2012 at 01:43 AM   #21
ricechrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IqzFendi View Post
Are you kidding me? I still havent gotten onto solar and I need those courses for my program.....
yeah don't worry. they fill up fast because on solar, if a course is a full, that doesn't equate to the max number of seats filled up. they leave a bunch of seats open for students who need the course and are part of the program. so call/email in and they should give it to you.

think about it, if a class can fit 300 students, they wouldn't open up all 300 on solar. maybe 250 to the public, and then once the 250 are full, people who still need to choose the course and have that course as a prerequisite will be given one of the 50 other seats. anyone else who doesn't need that course but wants it would have to wait until it's available on solar (ie. someone drops it). works something like that i believe.
Old 06-13-2012 at 01:50 AM   #22
Swampis

Liked: 39 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricechrispy View Post
yeah don't worry. they fill up fast because on solar, if a course is a full, that doesn't equate to the max number of seats filled up. they leave a bunch of seats open for students who need the course and are part of the program. so call/email in and they should give it to you.

think about it, if a class can fit 300 students, they wouldn't open up all 300 on solar. maybe 250 to the public, and then once the 250 are full, people who still need to choose the course and have that course as a prerequisite will be given one of the 50 other seats. anyone else who doesn't need that course but wants it would have to wait until it's available on solar (ie. someone drops it). works something like that i believe.
Who do I email/call regarding this?
Old 06-13-2012 at 02:20 AM   #23
ricechrispy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampis View Post
Who do I email/call regarding this?
most likely your academic advisor. or just sending in an email/phone call to your general department should work too

Swampis says thanks to ricechrispy for this post.
Old 06-13-2012 at 02:28 AM   #24
IqzFendi

Liked: 41 Times

Actually, it turned out that all the bio courses were open to me since I'm in honors bio...my friends in life sci see them as full. I'm guessing they do give seats to people who absolutely require it and then they open it up to others.
Old 06-13-2012 at 04:39 AM   #25
stressedspec
Account Locked

Liked: 25 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by IqzFendi View Post
Actually, it turned out that all the bio courses were open to me since I'm in honors bio...my friends in life sci see them as full. I'm guessing they do give seats to people who absolutely require it and then they open it up to others.
i wan't you to read your sig out loud.