MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bursaries are released...but I have a question memyselfandi Financial Aid 0 02-01-2011 09:22 PM
When will the 10-11 timetable be released? Kathy2 Academics 11 05-26-2010 09:28 PM
Grades Have Been Released! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 25 12-28-2009 03:58 PM
Timetables released! blackdragon Academics 156 08-19-2009 02:52 PM
Marks Have Been Released! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 4 05-01-2008 03:23 PM

Dad: I'll kill my son's murderer if he's released

Old 03-09-2011 at 02:03 PM   #1
mcmasterrrrr

Liked: 24 Times

Dad: I'll kill my son's murderer if he's released
Thoughts?

Quote:
The father of a five-year-old boy slain in 1975 has vowed to murder the man who did it "as aggressively and painfully as he killed my son" if he is released from prison early.

John Foreman told WPRO-AM radio that he blamed himself for accepting a plea deal that saw Michael Woodmansee convicted of the second-degree murder of his son Jason in South Kingstown, Rhode Island.
Woodmansee was sentenced to 40 years in prison in 1982, but the plea bargain deal allowed him to be released early for good behavior. This could happen as soon as August, the Providence Journal reported.

In the interview, Foreman claimed a journal kept by Woodmansee, which has not been released by police, details how the killer had eaten the young boy's flesh. "I do intend, if this man is released anywhere in my vicinity, or if I can find him after the fact, I do intend to kill this man," Foreman added.
"I cannot think, I cannot sleep. All I think about is trying to find a way to get this man to kill him," he told WPRO-AM. Foreman said he wanted to kill Woodmansee "as aggressively and painfully as he killed my son."

He said he remembered only one detail contained in the journal, that Woodmansee "ate the flesh of my son." In the interview, Foreman said his decision to accept a plea deal had been "spineless." "I've got myself to blame for that ... allowing him to be released early to become a predator to someone else. I'm to blame for all that and I'll make that right," he said.
Foreman said his son was a "well-behaved boy, very smart, very intelligent for his age." He added that he had been full of "hopes and dreams" for his son. "I know he was going to be somebody. I had real hopes for this young boy," Foreman said. Amy Kempe, a spokeswoman for Attorney General Peter Kilmartin, said in a statement Monday that he was concerned and outraged about Woodmansee's scheduled release, The Associated Press reported.

Kempe said Kilmartin had asked Rhode Island's Department of Corrections to look into ways to keep Woodmansee in prison. Kempe added that the attorney general's office would work with the Department of Corrections to examine the legal options. Patricia Coyne-pillowbiterue, chief legal counsel for the Department of Corrections, said that the only way an inmate could lose his entitlement to early release for good behavior was if he did something wrong. Coyne-pillowbiterue said the early release was based on a law first introduced in 1872. It was last changed significantly in 1960.
Link to article: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41963513...ime_and_courts
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:10 PM   #2
SciMania
Elite Member

Liked: 74 Times

Interesting... it's not like the murderer is someone's son or anything... lol the father is not being very smart as he is probably going to end up in jail himself if he does kill the guy. Not an effective way to deal with it but that's still a really sad story... I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:16 PM   #3
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

I would obviously kill the guy if he did that to my son, what man wouldnt?

athmi100, xxsumz all say thanks to Rakim for this post.

athmi100 likes this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:18 PM   #4
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

I can't possibly imagine losing a son, and while I can't comment on the guy's intent, I must say that tellnig the world about his plan isn't the best idea.

If Foreman does go through with it, it'll be immediately obvious as to who killed him.

If he dies of another cause, Foreman's life will made, at the very least, terribly inconvenient.

And if he doesn't get around to it, he'll have wasted his life trying to look for him. =\

Last edited by Entropy : 03-09-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:21 PM   #5
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Liked: 521 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
I can't possibly imagine losing a son, and while I can't comment on the guy's intent, I must say that tellnig the world about his plan isn't the best idea.

If Foreman does go through with it, it'll be immediately obvious as to who killed him.

If he dies of another cause, Forman's life will made, at the very least, terribly inconvenient.

And if he doesn't get around to it, he'll have wasted his life trying to look for him. =\

1) an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

2) crying at your signature
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:29 PM   #6
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by AelyaS View Post
1) an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind

2) crying at your signature
1) I'd say it's more "An eye for an eye makes the whole world one-eyed, unless you already happen to be one-eyed in which case you'd go blind."

2) :)

athmi100, BlakeM, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:33 PM   #7
Bhaltair
Elite Member

Liked: 158 Times

If my kid was sexually tortured, Karla Homolka style, and died a slowly death.

I'd kill him myself for what he put my kid through. Besides, who would want the murderer back out on the streets after he served his time? He'd be hailed as a public hero for slashing the murderer's throat. Also, I'd be in glee knowing that my tax-paying dollars are going to cover his needs in prison rather than the murderer that strike twice.

Double bonus? He pockets in millions after selling his novel he wrote in prison describing his son's gruesome murder and his retaliation, what a decent ending!

Yeah...
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:36 PM   #8
Rakim
Account Locked

Of course the hipster woman would preach an eye for an eye.

They always say that till they're in that position

Mikob11 likes this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:41 PM   #9
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim View Post
Of course the hipster woman would preach an eye for an eye.

They always say that till they're in that position

1) If the father does follow through with his plans, how is he any better than the murderer? Looking a this objectively, which is what would happen in a court of law, he's the same person.

2) Not a hipster
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:42 PM   #10
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

I think any parent if given the chance would kill their childs murderer. Im sure theres little in the world that compares to the pain of losing your child in such a tragic, horrible, disgusting way. I feel for this father and every parent that loses their child in such way.:( No child deserves to have their life taken by a psycho killer.

Rakim says thanks to jo87 for this post.

alh24, crazyfree, Faer, ~*Sara*~ like this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:43 PM   #11
jo87
Elite Member

Liked: 152 Times

Quote:
1) If the father does follow through with his plans, how is he any better than the murderer? Looking a this objectively, which is what would happen in a court of law, he's the same person.

2) Not a hipster

You clearly have no empathy for the father, so you really shouldn't comment.

Rakim, xxsumz like this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:45 PM   #12
Rakim
Account Locked

Quote:

2) Not a hipster
I would love to respond to this, but id rather not be banned for the 50th time.

REPLEKIA/. likes this.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:46 PM   #13
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
I think any parent if given the chance would kill their childs murderer. Im sure theres little in the world that compares to the pain of losing your child in such a tragic, horrible, disgusting way. I feel for this father and every parent that loses their child in such way.:( No child deserves to have their life taken by a psycho killer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo87 View Post
You clearly have no empathy for the father, so you really shouldn't comment.

No, not every parent would jump at the chance to kill the person who has harmed their children. Yes, they will detest them as human beings (and sometimes, even that isn't permanent). You're just projecting.

You clearly do not know the people in my life/the things I have seen. So you really shouldn't tell me not to comment. Thanks

Last edited by AelyaS : 03-09-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:47 PM   #14
AelyaS
Fitzgerald groupie

P.S I don't want to come off as cold and mean. It's terrible what happened to his son, and I can't imagine losing anyone, let alone a child, in that manner. But the things I said have backing behind them. Didn't just pull it out of the air.
Old 03-09-2011 at 02:52 PM   #15
alh24
Elite Member

Liked: 243 Times

This situation can be looked at objectively (e.g., "killing someone who killed your son makes you a bad person, too"), but this man obviously isn't going to look at it objectively. His son was murdered, and who could blame him for wanting to do the exact same thing to this guy? I don't know that I support the "an eye for an eye makes the world go blind" thought so much on this. I'm not saying "I hope the guy gets murdered," but in no way do I disagree with where the guy's coming from.