MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Solar Help! jennjennifuh First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 13 07-02-2012 09:23 PM
SOLAR help jovanaj First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 2 07-02-2012 06:04 PM
IMP solar shaf First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 6 06-27-2012 09:49 AM
Couldn't get a course on SOLAR peace Academics 5 06-13-2012 11:15 AM
HELP with Solar!! Anna91 General Discussion 11 07-03-2009 09:06 PM

Solar! Y U No Let Me Log On?

Old 08-09-2012 at 04:52 PM   #61
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 11 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla View Post
that feeling when you get on SOLAR after 9 hours only to find all of the cores you need are full and all of your backup courses are full
Tell me about it -_-
just felt so hopeless all I was able to do is press the same option over and over again and then NO it's full
Old 08-09-2012 at 04:53 PM   #62
animal math

Liked: 0 Times

I've been trying to get on to SOLAR since 8:20 am.

I got on once at 12:30 and spent 30 minutes making adjustments to all my courses. I was two clicks away from being finished when it kicked me off and erased all my progress.

It is not almost 6 pm and I have clicked THOUSANDS of times. I got on once more but didn't even make it past the first screen before it kicked me off again.

I'm tired. I'm pissed. I feel sick to my stomach. At this point I'm pretty much screwed. Why am I paying $6000 in tuition again??
Old 08-09-2012 at 05:00 PM   #63
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal math View Post
I've been trying to get on to SOLAR since 8:20 am.

I got on once at 12:30 and spent 30 minutes making adjustments to all my courses. I was two clicks away from being finished when it kicked me off and erased all my progress.

It is not almost 6 pm and I have clicked THOUSANDS of times. I got on once more but didn't even make it past the first screen before it kicked me off again.

I'm tired. I'm pissed. I feel sick to my stomach. At this point I'm pretty much screwed. Why am I paying $6000 in tuition again??
Check out this thread, it's been a HUGE help! You will really get in faster than all that time spent before thanks to the guy who made the codes he's done an awesome job. so make sure to follow his steps and keep trying ^^"

I really wonder if the other universities have the same problem?
Old 08-09-2012 at 05:04 PM   #64
despairless
Account Disabled by User

I need help please!

I got onto SOLAR at around 5:20 after trying since 8:30 and basically all my cores and labs were full! I made 1 modification to my Calculus class and there was a conflict with my Human Anatomy and Physiology lab. There was only 3 out of 14 labs that were still available and all 3 had a conflict with my calc class. There was no way around the conflict so I just verified the changes because my session was about to time out.

Now there is a conflict in my schedule and there's nothing I can do about it because all the labs were full. **How can I fix this problem? Is McMaster going to fix it for me?
Old 08-09-2012 at 05:05 PM   #65
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Sorry I forgot to post the thread heheheh ^///^
Here you go: http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...8.html?t=63318

BlackSheepWa says thanks to Galanthus for this post.

BlackSheepWa likes this.
Old 08-09-2012 at 06:12 PM   #66
Rahma_M

Liked: 2 Times

i've been sitting on my computer trying to get onto solar for nearly 12 hours ... well 11 now ... and it will probably end up as a complete waste of time since all of the courses i need would have been already taken :(
Old 08-09-2012 at 06:43 PM   #67
Lulie

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahma_M View Post
all of the courses i need would have been already taken :(
which courses? if you haven't been able to get into required courses (as in courses required for your program), then don't worry. either there are still seats available, space will open up, or you can email your department and they will allow you in.

now if you mean that you *need* to take a language course or econ or history of dance as electives, then yes, they are probably taken.

my main point is don't worry, stop trying to log into solar... you can do it tomorrow.... and i guess enjoy the rest of your night.

Rahma_M says thanks to Lulie for this post.
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:03 PM   #68
Crzyrio
Elite Member

Liked: 106 Times

WHY ARE SO MANY PEOPLE STILL IN SOLAR :(

I just want to add my cores and be done with it
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:06 PM   #69
-Ish-

Liked: 56 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post

Try using the 3rd post in this thread (http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...6.html?t=63346)
OR what's posted here (http://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...8.html?t=63318)
It'll save you a whole lot of clicking & will get you in faster.
Old 08-09-2012 at 09:12 PM   #70
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,314 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crzyrio View Post

It's summer, possible multitask and SOLAR spam, people are evil, etc
Old 08-09-2012 at 10:41 PM   #71
hillary13
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 23 Times

same omg i hate this
Old 08-10-2012 at 12:46 AM   #72
Rahma_M

Liked: 2 Times

Finally ... omg 1:43 am and I have finally got onto solar and luckily I got what I wanted .. for first term tho ... the moment that FIPPA notice came out I felt like i won the lotto ... hope every one else has gotten on
Old 08-10-2012 at 04:17 PM   #73
GWong

I Don't Want To Live On This Planet Anymore.
Old 08-10-2012 at 05:50 PM   #74
Galanthus
Account Disabled by User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWong View Post
I Don't Want To Live On This Planet Anymore.
OH NO! We're loosing someone! Don't give up yet. This thread surely gave me a boost of hope! It'll help you to get in faster! ttp://www.macinsiders.com/showthrea...8.html?t= 63318

I'm one of the people who got in and couldn't change a thing after all the torture my desired course has been full since June -_-
But I mean there's always hope so don't give up yet, keep fighting that MONSTER!