MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
b.tech readingcrayon First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 5 05-12-2013 03:05 PM
B.Tech :D insertname First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 06-30-2009 11:37 PM

Some advice about B tech

Old 10-25-2015 at 08:52 PM   #1
CC33

Liked: 0 Times

Some advice about B tech
Hi All,

I will be graduating high school this year, and I am seriously considering the B tech Automotive stream at Mac for next year, and I am really hoping to get in, but my question is, will I get in with mid 80s? I'm aiming for high 80s to low 90s, but just in case, will i get in with mid/low 80s? I know that the only subjects that bring my mark down are english and economics.

Also, would I be able to live in residence at mac first year? Or where?
I actually live about an hour away from Hamilton, so i will probably own a car by then, would there be parking spots available to students? (might go home on weekends, so need a car)

Thanks, speedy reply would be appreciated.
Old 10-26-2015 at 10:40 AM   #2
justicebeaver

Liked: 9 Times

Check out http://future.mcmaster.ca/ for more info.
The cutoff this year (September 2015) for Engineering 1 was 89% (ref http://www.eng.mcmaster.ca/future/apply.html ). So I would imagine B tech would have a similar to maybe even lower cut off (I don't know much about b tech).
First year students are given priority over upper years for residence. Didn't live on res so can't tell you more. But check the first link in this post for more info.
Parking is also available on campus, as well as a seperate parking lot that has a shuttle to get you to campus.
Old 10-28-2015 at 01:14 PM   #3
Imperious

Liked: 27 Times

If your marks are that high why don't you just apply to engineering instead of b.tech? And for b.tech I'm pretty sure you'll get in with low/mid 80s. I remember applying to b.tech thinking it was something else and the june minimum deadline was a 75% so i assume the admission cut off would have been around low 80s.

Residence is guaranteed for people who have an admission average of 82%. Living on campus first year is a great way to meet people!