MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
timetable help Reda First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-27-2010 08:42 PM
My Mock Timetable vs. Assigned Timetable Theashe First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-11-2010 01:57 PM
When is the timetable out? jubilantx Academics 6 08-06-2010 10:19 PM
Timetable Changes MarissaK Academics 17 08-12-2009 11:32 PM
Changes to timetable? lavalampsky Academics 14 08-12-2009 08:21 PM

Sorry :( but could you please take a look at my horrid timetable?

Old 08-08-2008 at 10:17 AM   #1
raine

Liked: 1 Time

Sorry :( but could you please take a look at my horrid timetable?
My first semester turned out just as I wanted it to be but my second semester's set to abolish me.
Look at that Friday :( How can I get stuck with 5 lectures in one day? 4 I can handle but 5 is just too much. The thought of possibly having 5 tests in one day haunts me.
Is there any way I can make this little horrid thing look a little less horrid?
Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg term2.jpg (65.7 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by raine : 08-08-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-08-2008 at 10:36 AM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

5 Tests in one day? The only way that would happen is if they're all in class tests and looking at the courses, I doubt very much they are.

If they do happen to be in class tests, I doubt very much they will all be on the same day. Think about it, chances are you're not the only one with this course configuration and while there are horror stories, I would say you're more likely to get 3 exams in a day rather than 5 tests.

So in conclusion, don't worry about it. It's only 5 lectures and you're done at 15:30, that leaves the rest of the afternoon and weekend wide open.
Old 08-08-2008 at 11:23 AM   #3
Cubit

Liked: 2 Times

A few of those courses will have alternate lecture times, but the most likely thing is that your schedual was set up with those lecture times because those were the only ones that fit everythinf properly. You could try switching from 1BA3 physics to 1BB3 physics, but that also might not help.

It looks to me like you are streaming for physics or chemistry there, and if so, there are definintly going to be other students with timetables very similar to yours, in which case, I would not worry too terribly much about 5 tests in one day - as a class you can always appeal to the professor to move the test to another day if some of you can't make it, or have other tests that day - ESPECIALLY with your smaller classes like physics (Bio and chem, not so much, but they don't tend to do tests during lecture time any way - they will be scheduled at another time, probably in the evening)

So , Don't worry too much about it - You'll be able to adapt ^_^

Physics & Astronomy.

------
To Maxwell:" But Sir, what use is it?"
Maxwell: "Madam, what use is a new born babe?"
------
Old 08-08-2008 at 01:35 PM   #4
mike_2133

Liked: 0 Times

none of those classes last year had in-class tests so don't worry about it. i was in science and the worst i had was 2 tests in 1 day.
Old 08-08-2008 at 01:49 PM   #5
mitch
Elite Member

Liked: 75 Times

I'm in the faculty of science, and I've never had more than 2 tests in one day. I've had multiple tests on consecutive days though. And I keep getting assigned three exams within two days. I wish the registrar would consider that a conflict...
Old 08-08-2008 at 02:10 PM   #6
Ivan Q.

Liked: 10 Times

I remember my first year schedule was brutal too...
However, of the 3 years I've been at Mac, I know no one that has had 5 tests in one day. The most I've seen was 2 or 3 in one day... I think it was a bunch of students in my lab I TA'ed.

Best of luck =)
Old 08-08-2008 at 04:36 PM   #7
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

don't worry, pretty much all the science students have the same classes as you! The tests are spread out on different days. they do not usually occur on the same day. the tests aren't in class as well cause there is just too many first years taking these classes! the tests will usually occur during the evening times.
Old 08-09-2008 at 03:26 PM   #8
raine

Liked: 1 Time

Oh. I thought it was like highschool and tests are held in-class. Unlike most of my friends, I had no spares in Gr 12 so it wasn't unlikely for me to get stuck with 4 tests in one day so I thought university'd be the same.
Thank you guys for the replies
Old 08-09-2008 at 04:06 PM   #9
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

there are some classes where you have tests during class time. This will be annouced during the first day of class and listed on the course outline.

However, classes that are generally really large such as the chem1a03, bio 1a03/1aa3, math 1a03 are at night time. there isnt' enough rooms to host the tests for all the students.
But just to clarify, some courses have in class tests! just that i don't think you shoudl worry cause the majority of your classes will have their tests at night.