MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Admitted into Mechanical Engineering. Williec First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 16 05-10-2010 12:59 PM
Course Picking: Mechanical Eng & Management RoyK Academics 2 06-22-2009 12:09 PM
Mechanical Engineering complementary studies electives Kurt_ Academics 1 03-12-2009 03:43 PM

Spare 3 units - Mechanical Engineering and Management

Old 06-10-2009 at 01:23 AM   #1
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Spare 3 units - Mechanical Engineering and Management
Hey I'll be entering 2nd year in september as part of the Mech Eng and Management program. One of the required courses for my 2nd year is ECON 1BB3 (Macroeconomics). The thing is that I've already finished the course in year one and now I have a spare 3 units to fill. I was thinking about fast tracking a course from maybe 3rd or 4th year. Here's my requireds from the course calender:

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1227.html

So I was wondering if there were any upper years with experience with some of these courses. It would be nice to get some input! Thanks! I was thinking one of the mech courses from 3rd year or one of the commerce courses form 4th year. Thanks again!
Old 06-10-2009 at 10:43 AM   #2
BlakeM
Elite Member

Liked: 121 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaotic View Post
Hey I'll be entering 2nd year in september as part of the Mech Eng and Management program. One of the required courses for my 2nd year is ECON 1BB3 (Macroeconomics). The thing is that I've already finished the course in year one and now I have a spare 3 units to fill. I was thinking about fast tracking a course from maybe 3rd or 4th year. Here's my requireds from the course calender:

http://registrar.mcmaster.ca /CALEN...nt/pg1227.html

So I was wondering if there were any upper years with experience with some of these courses. It would be nice to get some input! Thanks! I was thinking one of the mech courses from 3rd year or one of the commerce courses form 4th year. Thanks again!
I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't think we can take the upper year courses, as I believe we will still need electives to come from the approved list. Not quite sure though.
Old 06-10-2009 at 11:50 AM   #3
khaotic

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeM View Post
I'm in the same boat as you, but I don't think we can take the upper year courses, as I believe we will still need electives to come from the approved list. Not quite sure though.
Well I called the faculty and they said I can take any course that I have the prerequisite for. Which includes the complementary electives and some of the upper year courses.

I was thinking maybe stats 3Y03? I don't wanna take a course with labs. Is it a big workload? Anyone know?
Old 06-10-2009 at 12:49 PM   #4
PTGregD
Elite Member

Liked: 349 Times

Commerce 2FA3 wouldn't be bad to fast track. It's under your third year requirements; the only thing is that you would have to take it semester 2 because it requires 2AA3 done, and i'm not sure if that will fit with your schedule.

Course isn't that bad; The professor isn't the greatest though.