MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SWELL & Student Success Centre - First Generation Student Social! akstylah General Discussion 0 11-21-2013 12:07 PM
Is the MSU print centre in the student centre open? forcajovem First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 07-13-2012 09:07 AM
Sleeping in the Student Centre Chris98 General Discussion 6 06-05-2011 05:32 PM
3rd Floor of the Student Centre... sayok8737 General Discussion 5 04-20-2011 01:13 PM
Student Centre Changes Matt Wright General Discussion 36 03-29-2009 07:52 PM

spending the night in student centre?

Old 09-18-2014 at 08:50 AM   #1
anna.rzez

Liked: 1 Time

spending the night in student centre?
I have a couple night/early morning classes this term and as a commuter student am finding it really difficult to get home at 12:30 am and have to wake up at 5:30 am the next day to go back to school. I was wondering if anybody here has heard of people sleeping in the student centre ovenight(ive seen people nap, but never seen anyone actually nap overnight for a long period of time). I'm just picturing a custodian telling me to go home or something?

Related to this, are the showers in the gym free to use or do you need a gym memberhip? If so, how weird would it be to just randomly walk in and shower, then sleep in student centre? Also, does anyone know if locker space is still available? I heard they sell out the first week of classes.
Old 09-18-2014 at 09:32 AM   #2
quinta

Liked: 18 Times

During exams people sleep there all the time. My friend did lol. So to answer your question, yes you can most definitely sleep there.
As for showers you don't need a membership to use the showers, but I'm not sure if the building is open late at night. I'm not too sure about the lockers either but you can try and get one (I think registering for a locker is done in the campus bookstore), or maybe share with a friend? That's what I did last year.
Old 09-18-2014 at 01:38 PM   #3
Melanieee
Cla$$y Lady

Liked: 103 Times

I worked at the office that deals with the Student centre building, and we never had to kick people out overnight unless the student centre was closed (i.e. no one is working in there), which happens over the holidays, expecially reading week and xmas break. Thats when my boss wanted to make sure people were kicked out overnight.
Old 09-18-2014 at 02:05 PM   #4
SweetyTweety
Elite Member

Liked: 164 Times

Yeah, I would recommend the top levels of the student centre, though, if you want to feel a little safer.