MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Summer Job Opportunity brii678 Volunteering Opportunities 0 05-22-2013 01:37 PM
Last Chance for Startup Weekend tickets! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-25-2013 08:36 PM
Startup Weekend Hamilton is coming up! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 04-21-2013 10:47 AM
Cursor Frozen At Startup? Desda Computers & Tech 4 09-05-2010 11:56 PM
Job Opportunity Chad MacInsiders Announcements 0 03-15-2007 12:46 PM

Startup Opportunity

Old 01-13-2014 at 08:10 PM   #1
jvand08

Liked: 0 Times

Startup Opportunity
Hi All,

My buddy and I are working on building a website and need some help with some of the backend development. We have designed and built a lot of the front end UI and have defined the functionality we are looking to create.

If there are any coders at Mac interested in teaming up on this project or if you would be willing to offer any advice please send me an email at [email protected]

I would be happy to share more about what we are building then.

Thanks,

Justin
Old 01-13-2014 at 11:13 PM   #2
qwerty91
Elite Member

Liked: 175 Times

You really should be more specific without getting too much into your idea. Web integrated programming is a massive field and depending on your specific requirements a person with even fairly significant experience may not be qualified.

-Are you using anything like wordpress or other pre-build solutions like that? If that skip the rest and ur basically done.

-Are you looking at hosting yourself or though a third party website? Aka does the person need knowledge of server architecture and optimization

-What platform are you running your web server on? Windows servers usually run better with native Windows MVC projects running on them. Linux servers, running for example tomcat, tend to work better with Java. I suggest Spring MVC as a place to start if you go Java.

-How do you plan to work the backend? Php scripts and/or MVC code? What web-services are you using? SOAP (stateful) or REST (simple+stateless)?

Note: many tools you may use right now are unfortunately licensed for non-commercial only. As a mac student you can get free versions of both visual studio and windows server BUT they are probably not licensed for commercial use.
Old 01-13-2014 at 11:57 PM   #3
Misdirection

Liked: 1 Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvand08 View Post
Hi All,

My buddy and I are working on building a website and need some help with some of the backend development. We have designed and built a lot of the front end UI and have defined the functionality we are looking to create.

If there are any coders at Mac interested in teaming up on this project or if you would be willing to offer any advice please send me an email at [email protected]

I would be happy to share more about what we are building then.

Thanks,

Justin

I will be of help pm me your contact infos and we will meet on campus
Old 01-14-2014 at 02:43 PM   #4
topkek

Liked: 23 Times

lol you put this in volunteering opportunities
Old 01-20-2014 at 11:15 AM   #5
Afzal
Android Dev

Liked: 416 Times

So you're not willing to pay the developer?