MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Article Article Starter Category Comments Last Post
Weekend carpool available from Hamilton to GTA myster Automotive & Transportation 25 01-15-2013 10:56 PM
Anyone coming to Hamilton from London? Amaryll General Discussion 6 09-26-2011 11:12 AM
Pearl Jam coming to Hamilton revolution27 Music 2 05-24-2011 06:32 PM
Stuff to do in Hamilton this long weekend! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 05-22-2010 08:25 AM
Sarah Palin coming to Hamilton for hospital fundraiser Kathy2 Politics 75 12-13-2009 10:55 PM

Startup Weekend Hamilton is coming up!

Written by Alex Pineda

For those considering attending this years Startup Weekend, it’s difficult if not impossible to know what to expect. Even the name Startup Weekend is surprisingly opaque. I think first and foremost you should understand, what is a Startup? After that, you can start to digest just why this event is so unique and wonderful for all those who attend. It’s hard to succinctly name or describe it but here I try to offer just a little insight. I would say, quite generally, that Startup Weekend is where you go to make the intangible tangible.

Everyone has a different reason for going to Startup Weekend. I think you should go for any of the following reasons:

A) Networking. Meet new people, and learn what they do, and get inspired. We don’t bite.
B) Skill Development. Focus on your key talent and help a team with your skill set. Feel good about your contribution. It can be anything from social media, copywriting, design, negotiation, you name it.
C) Self Discovery. Focus on something you normally would never do, be it coding, marketing, face-to-face customer discovery etc.
D) Product Development/Enhancement. Focus on your existing product idea and have others help you build it and possibly improve on it. You’ll be surprised what others can throw in into the mix if you let them.

Read Alex's full article on Software Hamilton.

anonanon987 says thanks to Chad for this post.

anonanon987 likes this.
Published by
MacInsiders Founder/Admin

Article Tools

Deleted Post

Article Tools Search this Article
Search this Article:

Advanced Search