MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carpool To Mississauga From Hamilton!!!! jayaprr Automotive & Transportation 0 05-07-2012 09:12 PM
Carpool to Montreal-Feb 17th! yifu0618 Automotive & Transportation 1 02-16-2012 06:53 AM
Le Carpool Thread RyanC Automotive & Transportation 3 01-28-2012 05:32 PM
Carpool! sapphiwen Automotive & Transportation 1 12-14-2010 12:47 PM
Stuff to do in Hamilton this long weekend! lorend MacInsiders Announcements 0 05-22-2010 08:25 AM

Weekend carpool available from Hamilton to GTA

Old 05-20-2012 at 02:18 PM   #1
myster

Liked: 10 Times

Weekend carpool available from Hamilton to GTA
Hey guys, I'm a easy-going recent Mac grad living/working in the area, looking for people to carpool with to and from the GTA, to share a bit of the gas cost. Most of my friends and family live in Toronto, so I tend to go back every weekend.

I can pick up people anyone close to my route, leaving towards Toronto approximately Friday late afternoon around 6 or 7 PM or Saturday and coming back anytime Sunday or early Monday. It'll be cheaper and faster (and less cramped on Fridays, based on experience) than taking the Go Bus/Train as well as more flexible in terms of where you can get dropped off (i.e., not only Union Station/Square One). Let me know where you'd like to be dropped off (Burlington, Oakville, Sauga, Toronto, etc.) and I would likely accommodate it as long as it's not too off my route.

Thanks!

Last edited by myster : 05-20-2012 at 05:49 PM.

kwyhan says thanks to myster for this post.
Old 05-20-2012 at 03:00 PM   #2
julianface
Elite Member

Liked: 187 Times

Hey I also have my family and friends in Toronto and am looking to go back almost every weekend. Where abouts is your route and how much would you like for gas?
Old 05-20-2012 at 03:11 PM   #3
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

i usually leave friday around 12PM. i love the carpool idea, but i can't do friday evenings :( ahh
Old 05-20-2012 at 03:15 PM   #4
myster

@julianface: PMed.

@kwyhan: What about on the way back to Hamilton?
Old 05-20-2012 at 03:17 PM   #5
kwyhan
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

on Sundays - pretty flexible
Old 05-20-2012 at 05:22 PM   #6
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

This is such a great offer

Chad, myster like this.
Old 05-22-2012 at 10:42 PM   #7
scorpio

Liked: 0 Times

Hi, Myster. I'm so glad to see your offer.
I don't want to get a ride, but could you give my parcel a lift?
I'm in Toronto now, and my friend wants to give me some stuff from Hamilton. There are some clothes and everyday items inside, 3kg more or less.
If you are so kind to give us a help, we would really appreciate. Of course, I'd like to pay for that. However, if it is inconvenient for you, we also could understand. Don't worry.
My email is [email protected] il.com
I'm looking forward to your reply. Thx.
Old 05-26-2012 at 09:21 PM   #8
myster

BUMP!

Leaving on the way to Hamilton tomorrow (May 27th). PM me if you want to come. Dropped off 2 happy carpoolers at Anime North on Friday (or at least I think they were happy... Post if that's not the case )
Old 05-28-2012 at 11:04 PM   #9
Chad
MacInsiders Founder/Admin
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 1,730 Times

This is an awesome offer, thanks for offering to MI users Nick! I'm sure they appreciate the carpooling, things go much faster in the carpool lane!

myster likes this.
Old 06-23-2012 at 08:11 PM   #10
myster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
This is an awesome offer, thanks for offering to MI users Nick! I'm sure they appreciate the carpooling, things go much faster in the carpool lane!
Thanks, Chad!
Old 08-30-2012 at 07:29 PM   #11
myster

Bump for the new school year! Make new friends, reduce cost, and increase convenience by carpooling!

It got sort of complicated trying to keep track of all the people, their contact info, and where they were trying to go so I created this:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...JdWwwcXc#gid=0

Enter where your start/destination postal code, with your contact info ahead of time!

Let me know if you have any questions, at 647-909-7220.

Strategy likes this.
Old 08-30-2012 at 07:50 PM   #12
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by myster View Post
BUMP!

Leaving on the way to Hamilton tomorrow (May 27th). PM me if you want to come. Dropped off 2 happy carpoolers at Anime North on Friday (or at least I think they were happy... Post if that's not the case )
Hey, I was one of those people! I'd "like" this but I saw this post too late and now I can't.

Also if you're looking to go the opposite direction (GTA to Hamilton on the weekends), then I don't mind taking you. I live near YYZ (on the Mississauga side), but I can go a bit out of my way as long as you don't mind listening to Carly Rae Jepsen for an hour (just kidding, kinda). PM me if interested!

myster likes this.
Old 09-01-2012 at 02:16 PM   #13
freshmanno77

Liked: 1 Time

Awesome, carpools are a great idea.

myster likes this.
Old 09-03-2012 at 03:02 PM   #14
FlemoPark

Are you me?
I'm a easy going grad student who goes to downtown Toronto on Fri and returns to the Hammer Sun/Mon. reply if there's space in your car. Going from St. Joes hospital to Bloor/St George if possible but Union station is OK too.

Also, if anyone else reads this and wants to carpool I drive as well, and have a 2 seater so can accommodate only one. I want to leave at around 2-4pm if I drive, to avoid traffic, and can return anytime on Sunday, but prefer before noon.

Please reply to [email protected] .com if interested.
Old 09-03-2012 at 05:21 PM   #15
polinapel

How much would you guys be expecting if i needed a ride from mac to the bronte area of oakville?