MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Carpool Week 2012 - FREE parking on main campus, ipads and more! Sustain11 MacInsiders Announcements 0 01-24-2012 06:02 PM
Carpool! sapphiwen Automotive & Transportation 1 12-14-2010 12:47 PM
Serious thread is serious Kendoon General Discussion 9 11-06-2010 03:20 PM
old cs thread kevinf Gaming 21 12-29-2009 12:51 PM
The I love MSU and SRA thread ferreinm General Discussion 8 06-18-2009 11:54 AM

Le Carpool Thread

Old 01-28-2012 at 01:04 PM   #1
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

Le Carpool Thread
edit: no strike possibly, but this is here just in case, or if you need carpooling for any other reasons

As some of you may know, the HSR workers are in negotiation with their employers to secure a contract. Negotiation failure in this case, means the HSR workers will strike and there will not be bus service until the employees receive an offer that they agree with. As a result, many McMaster students will not be able to make it to school in a timely fashion (or at all).

I made this thread in attempt to get people to connect with carpools. Try not to put your email, phone number, or exact address in your post (use MI messaging).

Edit your post if you have no seats left or no need of a car.
Also, http://www.mcmaster.ca/sustainabilit...eek2012.ht ml has a means of registering for carpooling as well.

Hopefully everything gets resolved and the busses are working, and this thread is dead by tuesday.

Example format:

--

Need: Driver
Time: x am there, y pm back
Rate: Split gas / Pay what driver asks / Can't afford to pay
Luggage: whatever

or

Need: Passengers (I have 4 seats)
Rate: Split gas / $5 / etc
Luggage: Have room in trunk

--

Me:

Time: 8am there, 630pm back.. 1230 and onward back on wed or fri if its possible
Rate: Split gas or pay what driver asks
Luggage: Small bag
Old 01-28-2012 at 02:16 PM   #2
Reda
Elite Member

Liked: 274 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanC View Post
edit: no strike possibly, but this is here just in case, or if you need carpooling for any other reasons

As some of you may know, the HSR workers are in negotiation with their employers to secure a contract. Negotiation failure in this case, means the HSR workers will strike and there will not be bus service until the employees receive an offer that they agree with. As a result, many McMaster students will not be able to make it to school in a timely fashion (or at all).

I made this thread in attempt to get people to connect with carpools. Try not to put your email, phone number, or exact address in your post (use MI messaging).

Edit your post if you have no seats left or no need of a car.
Also, http://www.mcmaster.ca/sustainabilit...eek2012.ht ml has a means of registering for carpooling as well.

Hopefully everything gets resolved and the busses are working, and this thread is dead by tuesday.

Example format:

--

Rate: Split gas / Pay what driver asks / Can't afford to pay
Luggage: whatever

or

Need: Passengers (I have 4 seats)
Rate: Split gas / $5 / etc
Luggage: Have room in trunk

--

Me:

Time: 8am there, 630pm back.. 1230 and onward back on wed or fri if its possible

I wish they go on strike then I have an excuse to buy a car lol .

I will be happy to take people from Hamilton mountain near upper paradise if there's a strike though
Old 01-28-2012 at 04:03 PM   #3
VastHorizon
Elite Member

Liked: 128 Times

Just in case:

Location: Hamilton Mountain (Fennell Avenue @ Upper Sherman/Upper Gage)
Time: 9am there, 2:30 back; 3:30 back on Thursday
Old 01-28-2012 at 05:32 PM   #4
jamescw1234
The Awkward One

Liked: 467 Times

Location: Main and Whitney to James and Hunter (Willing to be dropped off at Main and McNab)
Time: 8:30 there, 4:30 pickup
When: Thursday and Friday
Rate: Whatever
Luggage: Backpack

James CW
McMaster University-Bachelor's of Social Work and Bachelor's of Arts in Sociology (2012)
York University-Masters of Social Work (2014-2015)