MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still haven't gotten in solar.. sarahwilkin Academics 5 06-11-2014 04:08 AM
Haven't gotten my ID sticker yet? hogwarts Academics 4 09-02-2013 03:39 PM
Haven't registered yet in SOLAR reem767 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 3 08-08-2012 07:06 AM
Has anyone received their bursary cheque in the mail yet? saeeds5 Financial Aid 19 02-21-2010 04:05 PM
What happens if you still haven't paid? Ownaginatios General Discussion 13 09-07-2009 09:31 PM

Still haven't received bursary?

Old 03-17-2015 at 04:15 PM   #1
sephora

Liked: 0 Times

Still haven't received bursary?
Is there anyone else who has still yet to receive their cheque in the mail?
It wasn't just bursary for me either, I had some other over-payment I had made that was included with the bursary amount.

Is anyone in this position still? I know most people got theirs weeks ago.
Old 03-18-2015 at 12:08 PM   #2
ashleighp
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 126 Times

Check your address on Mugsi - it might have gone to the wrong place, I got mine almost a month ago.
Old 03-19-2015 at 03:32 AM   #3
lockdown

Liked: 5 Times

If you live on campus, check your on-campus mailbox rather than your permanent address.
Old 03-19-2015 at 03:49 AM   #4
Damian-F

I actually haven't got my bursary either. I called the student accounts office last week, and they said I should give it a week and a half before being worried (though that time is almost up lol).
Old 03-19-2015 at 10:51 PM   #5
akikokoyoki
The Welcome Wagon
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 101 Times

Normally, bursaries will go straight to your student account to pay off any fees you have left with your tuition. If you overpaid your tuition, a cheque with the difference will be send to you by mail. Wait awhile and the cheque should be in your mailbox.
Old 03-19-2015 at 11:16 PM   #6
2Dream

Liked: 24 Times

Will you guys please just get your bursaries so i can go to sleep? the anxiety is killing me!
Old 03-30-2015 at 03:53 PM   #7
sephora

Waited a week and a half, still nothing.
I checked Mugsi then, and asked them. My cheque was sent out on Feb 26, it's almost April. Not sure what to do at this point.
Old 03-30-2015 at 09:28 PM   #8
KaylaSmall

Hey,
So I had a similar problem to the one that you are having. My bursary was refunded to me on February 26th (as I had already paid my tuition in full), but I still have not received it. Last week when I went in on Monday they told me that a number of students that had received a refund on the 26th of February had not received it in the mail as yet , and I should wait until Wednesday. I went back Wednesday and they told me that they would put a stop payment on the cheque and reissue a new cheque that I can pick up. However, it is going to take three weeks. I say you go into the Student Accounts and cashier office and tell them the situation and see if they can do the same for you. Hope this helped !

AndreiTich says thanks to KaylaSmall for this post.
Old 04-04-2015 at 03:03 PM   #9
sephora

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaSmall View Post
Hey,
So I had a similar problem to the one that you are having. My bursary was refunded to me on February 26th (as I had already paid my tuition in full), but I still have not received it. Last week when I went in on Monday they told me that a number of students that had received a refund on the 26th of February had not received it in the mail as yet , and I should wait until Wednesday. I went back Wednesday and they told me that they would put a stop payment on the cheque and reissue a new cheque that I can pick up. However, it is going to take three weeks. I say you go into the Student Accounts and cashier office and tell them the situation and see if they can do the same for you. Hope this helped !
Hi Kayla. Yeah Ive been waiting very long and my money was refunded to me on that day as well. I was wondering if u got that cheque in the mail at all... because Im still waiting. Or if I can just request them to give me the cheuqe on the spot and cancel the old one. Not sure of my chances here, but because of the circumstances they might...
Old 04-08-2015 at 12:29 PM   #10
KaylaSmall

I still have not received the cheque. I had to go into the Student Accounts and Cashiers office were the said that they would put a stop payment on my cheque and reissue me a new cheque. That process takes a minimum of 3 weeks. So I suggest you go to them and request the cheque to be reissued. I hope this helped.