MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not Sure If Ive Paid Lol a.singh92 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 10 09-01-2010 10:42 PM
How to tell if account is paid? Lessica First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 09-01-2010 03:41 PM
getting paid for experiments pocketlint59 Academics 4 07-22-2010 07:21 PM
Paid up but just received a scholarship BHChew Financial Aid 4 01-24-2009 03:52 PM
Getting Paid to to experiments? Mac12 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-14-2008 02:42 PM

What happens if you still haven't paid?

Old 09-07-2009 at 03:34 AM   #1
Ownaginatios
Trolling ain't easy

Liked: 1,642 Times

What happens if you still haven't paid?
One of my friends is saying that he didn't pay his tuition yet, and thinks I'm trolling him when I say that I think it was supposed to be done by the first (he's oblivious to pretty much everything).

What exactly happens if you haven't paid yet? He claims that the "Pay Now" option on Mugsi is grayed out, lol. Was that payment by the September 1st thing only a recommendation?
Old 09-07-2009 at 03:57 AM   #2
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

payment is due sept. 1. he'll be charged a late fee when he pays now, plus interest at the end of each month if it still takes him awhile.

Ownaginatios says thanks to TTHX for this post.
Old 09-07-2009 at 08:27 AM   #3
Rob Mac

Liked: 14 Times

My question doesn't have to do with not paying but close to it. I did on-line banking on my payment agreement and like I did with summer school I just took the money from my bank account and transfered it to McMaster. I am currently looking at my Account statement and it says it has recieved a $6000 Payment but the payment recieved for tuition is still $0. What should I do?
Old 09-07-2009 at 08:29 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mac View Post
My question doesn't have to do with not paying but close to it. I did on-line banking on my payment agreement and like I did with summer school I just took the money from my bank account and transfered it to McMaster. I am currently looking at my Account statement and it says it has recieved a $6000 Payment but the payment recieved for tuition is still $0. What should I do?
Contact Student Accounts and Cashiers on Tuesday and ask if they can help you out/answer your questions...they're the ones who process our payments.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 09-07-2009 at 08:55 AM   #5
Infinity
Elite Member

Liked: 90 Times

no its not a recommendation its a deadline. They need your initial deposite. Now you have to go to Student Accounts and Casheirs. He will have to pay a late pentaly or added interest.. but you got to go into the office to get it sorted out.

Ownaginatios says thanks to Infinity for this post.
Old 09-07-2009 at 10:48 AM   #6
sew12
Elite Member

Liked: 470 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Mac View Post
I have the same thing. It has an area where it says the amount received for payment and then the payment received thing is still $0. I'm assuming its just an error since they've obviously received my money and I haven't been assessed a late fee, and of course the money is gone from my account.
Old 09-07-2009 at 10:55 AM   #7
DavidR

Liked: 87 Times

The student accounts thing gets updated in late september/october with your tuition fees and such. As long as you've paid you'll be okay.
Old 09-07-2009 at 12:55 PM   #8
michelle

Liked: 61 Times

Yeah, usually the balance isn't right until sometime in October. This is also true for anything you've put onto your account at Titles.
Old 09-07-2009 at 09:02 PM   #9
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

what happens if you havent done your payment agreement yet too?
Old 09-07-2009 at 09:06 PM   #10
saukalra
Elite Member

Liked: 18 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReDorkulateD View Post
If you havent done your payment agreement even once yet, then there is a huge risk of losing your spots in your courses pretty soon or you may have already lost your spots in the courses
Old 09-07-2009 at 09:07 PM   #11
TTHX

Liked: 62 Times

Quote:
then i don't think you're registered for the year?
Old 09-07-2009 at 09:17 PM   #12
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTHX View Post
then i don't think you're registered for the year?
Yeah I'm pretty sure if you don't complete your payment agreement by a certain date then SOLAR drops you out of all your courses and you are not registered for the year.

If you haven't received your confirmation letter, validation sticker and/or student card in the mail than you are not registered and McMaster isn't expecting you to attend this year.

By this point I think you would know if you weren't supposed to be showing up for classes on Thursday though.

Have you checked your schedule or anything in MUGSI lately?
Old 09-07-2009 at 09:19 PM   #13
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

well im all registered and all, but i was hanging out with a friend of mine today and he hasnt gotten his sticker yet...and hasnt paid yet either, but he can see his schedule still and in mugsi it says "Eligible for Registration" so...i dont know if he can still get in or not
Old 09-07-2009 at 09:31 PM   #14
sew12
Elite Member

Quote:
well im all registered and all, but i was hanging out with a friend of mine today and he hasnt gotten his sticker yet...and hasnt paid yet either, but he can see his schedule still and in mugsi it says "Eligible for Registration" so...i dont know if he can still get in or not
Your friend likely just hasn't paid yet, not hasn't done his payment agreement at all.

I believe you have to confirm your payment agreement (essentially tell the Uni that you intend to pay them) at least once for you to be eligible to be registered. There is a date where SOLAR drops people from courses who have not done their payment agreement.

You friend should really check into things asap. If he can't pay yet he needs to choose a payment plan that will work for him, perhaps monthly installments.