MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Negative Student Account Balance to pay off Payment Agreement CFram Financial Aid 4 08-01-2014 01:50 AM
Student Account Balance Issue Taryn328 Academics 6 08-27-2012 05:39 PM
Balance in Student Account ? Sal123 Financial Aid 1 04-21-2012 05:32 PM
Balance in my Student Account kanvi_v30 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 09-23-2011 08:13 PM
Negative Account Balance :S Crzyrio Financial Aid 3 11-05-2010 05:02 PM

Student Account Balance in Negative

Old 07-07-2014 at 09:03 AM   #1
shreebee

Liked: 30 Times

Student Account Balance in Negative
My current student account statement states that my balance is in the negative (the school owes me money). I know this is because I dropped a summer course.
Does anyone know if the money gets returned to the bank account or is it just subtracted from my next tuition payment?

I'm just confused because the money has not been refunded to my bank account and the balance owing (which now includes the tuition for september) does not subtract that refund amount.

thanks
Old 07-07-2014 at 12:32 PM   #2
Leeoku
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 521 Times

It will stay in the acc balance so when you register some is already paid. If you still don't use it, they'll send a cheq

shreebee says thanks to Leeoku for this post.
Old 07-07-2014 at 12:40 PM   #3
Robgoy

Liked: Liked 2 Times

Do you know when they send the cheque? Is it automatically or do we have to call them and tell them that we want to recieve a cheque?
Old 07-07-2014 at 03:56 PM   #4
starfish
Elite Member

Liked: 572 Times

I think the cheques come at specific times of year - I can't remember what they are but I found it online at some point. There is information somewhere on what to do if you have extra money in your account.

But if you're coming back in September, then just wait and have it deducted from your tuition - unless you really need the money now, in which case you could call and request that they send the cheque immediately.

shreebee says thanks to starfish for this post.
Old 07-08-2014 at 09:03 PM   #5
shreebee

Liked: 30 Times

Thanks for the help Star!
Old 07-09-2014 at 09:17 AM   #6
swifitie4ever

Liked: 1 Time

You can email [email protected] ster.ca and request for a cheque . be sure to specify an address to send it to

bdave95, shreebee all say thanks to swifitie4ever for this post.