MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do I go to get a new sticker on my Student Card? JayTup Academics 5 09-13-2010 09:36 PM
Replacing A Student Card Sticker zombiejesus General Discussion 11 10-20-2009 09:50 PM
Lost Student Card Sticker katie_batt General Discussion 10 09-03-2009 08:30 PM
Do you replace or stack the sticker on your student card? DannyV General Discussion 32 08-07-2009 01:53 PM

Student Card Sticker?

Old 08-20-2010 at 06:42 AM   #1
erinn

Liked: 2 Times

Student Card Sticker?
So two weeks left till school, and I still don't have my new sticker for my student card...
Can anyone provide me with some insight as to why this may have occurred, and what should I do about it?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 08-20-2010 at 08:34 AM   #2
Kat04

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinn View Post
So two weeks left till school, and I still don't have my new sticker for my student card...
Can anyone provide me with some insight as to why this may have occurred, and what should I do about it?

Thanks a bunch!
I have no idea why that would happen, other than it got lost in the mail. I received my sticker weeks ago.

You could call the registrar's office, and tell them you haven't received it, and they will prolly send you a new one. Or during the first week of school you can go in person, and hopefully they can give you one right away.
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:16 AM   #3
manaya

Liked: 26 Times

I'd say wait a week more, and if you still don't get it then go ahead and contact the Registrar.

Cheers!

Old 08-20-2010 at 09:22 AM   #4
Jason036

Liked: 25 Times

Apparently this has happened to a lot of people. I believe you can get a new one in person, it doesn't take very long.
Old 08-20-2010 at 09:25 AM   #5
liuyuhao1234

You may have to go to the Registar after school begins. They're gonna give you a new sticker directly.
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:49 AM   #6
etoilex3

Liked: 65 Times

i apologize for the semi-related question, but since i'm out of province, i have to pick up my sticker, but can't until the day after i move into res (because it's labor day). can i still use the card to swipe for food without the sticker?
Old 08-20-2010 at 11:54 AM   #7
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by etoilex3 View Post
i apologize for the semi-related question, but since i'm out of province, i have to pick up my sticker, but can't until the day after i move into res (because it's labor day). can i still use the card to swipe for food without the sticker?
Yes, you should be able to swipe for food.

etoilex3 says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 08-20-2010 at 01:55 PM   #8
mitcheng

I am also in the same boat and didn't recieve my student card validation sticker. Realized two days ago I didn't confirm my payment agreement, maybe that is why they did not send it out ... seems like a logical reason. Check yours, maybe you have done the same
Old 08-20-2010 at 02:03 PM   #9
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitcheng View Post
I am also in the same boat and didn't recieve my student card validation sticker. Realized two days ago I didn't confirm my payment agreement, maybe that is why they did not send it out ... seems like a logical reason. Check yours, maybe you have done the same
Yeah, that's the reason. They only send out the stickers if you are fully registered and you aren't fully registered until you confirm your payment agreement.
Old 08-21-2010 at 07:42 AM   #10
erinn

Liked: 2 Times

Thanks so much, I actually got it in the mail yesterday after posting this!
Old 08-21-2010 at 08:19 AM   #11
magyarm

Yup, you guys are right. No payment agreement, no confirmation. For first years, that doesn't mean you have to pay, just that you are agreeing how to pay. Also for first years, we send it out with your student card, so no new student form (with a passport size photo) no confirmation. Now if you got a confirmation, but no sticker, sorry someone goofed. Just come into the registrar's office the first week and ask for one. With over 20 000 students, some times some get missed.
Last thing to say, be patient. If you only did your payment agreement recently, then it won't be until about a week after that we mail it out to you. Deadlines are for a reason :p

Best of luck to all in the up coming year
Old 08-21-2010 at 09:21 AM   #12
soltintal

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaya View Post
I'd say wait a week more, and if you still don't get it then go ahead and contact the Registrar.

Cheers!

i agree. i think some of them just get out late. i checked on MUGSI and it said my confirmation letter hadn't even been printed until Aug 18th. i'm still waiting for mine to show up.