MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where do I go to get a new sticker on my Student Card? JayTup Academics 5 09-13-2010 09:36 PM
Student Card Sticker? erinn Academics 11 08-21-2010 09:21 AM
Lost student card jh890 Academics 13 02-25-2010 09:56 AM
Replacing A Student Card Sticker zombiejesus General Discussion 11 10-20-2009 09:50 PM
Do you replace or stack the sticker on your student card? DannyV General Discussion 32 08-07-2009 01:53 PM

Lost Student Card Sticker

Old 09-03-2009 at 06:24 PM   #1
katie_batt

Liked: 9 Times

Lost Student Card Sticker
What do I do if I lost my student card sticker? My dad threw it out with the mail, and I'm not very happy about it! I realize that its basically a bus pass, so am I going to have to pay to replace the sticker or what? Does anyone know where I have to go to do so? Thanks guys

Last edited by katie_batt : 09-03-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2009 at 06:32 PM   #2
syaseen
Elite Member

Liked: 27 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_batt View Post
What do I do if I lost my student card sticker? My dad threw it out with the mail, and I'm not very happy about it! I realize that its basically a bus pass, so am I going to have to pay to replace the sticker or what? Does anyone know where I have to go to do so? Thanks guys
I'd call the registrar. Its not just a bus pass if you dont have the current sticker, you cant get into the gym, cant write exam (if the people check) and other stuff.
Old 09-03-2009 at 06:34 PM   #3
katie_batt

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
Its not just a bus pass if you dont have the current sticker, you cant get into the gym, cant write exam (if the people check) and other stuff.
oh I know that, I just mean that it has the value of a bus pass to it. I really dont want to have to pay for a new one! :S
Old 09-03-2009 at 06:38 PM   #4
syaseen
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_batt View Post
oh I know that, I just mean that it has the value of a bus pass to it. I really dont want to have to pay for a new one! :S
Its probably free or really cheap.
Old 09-03-2009 at 06:46 PM   #5
FireDragoonX
Elite Member

Liked: 142 Times

to get a new one I think it costs $40 or $45

it's because it lets you go on the bus, gets you access to IWC, etc

My friend lost his student card once and he had to pay and the cost was really just for the sticker.

You can try explaining your situation to the registrar too. Maybe they will give you it for free (doubt it though)

katie_batt says thanks to FireDragoonX for this post.
Old 09-03-2009 at 06:51 PM   #6
syaseen
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDragoonX View Post
to get a new one I think it costs $40 or $45

it's because it lets you go on the bus, gets you access to IWC, etc

My friend lost his student card once and he had to pay and the cost was really just for the sticker.

You can try explaining your situation to the registrar too. Maybe they will give you it for free (doubt it though)
It cost $30 for the card. So Im guessing the extra $10/15 was for the sticker. Which makes no sense since the sticker has no security features so it cost probably a couple cents to print.
Old 09-03-2009 at 06:56 PM   #7
katie_batt

ugh. FML.
Old 09-03-2009 at 07:01 PM   #8
ghjkghkghkgh

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by syaseen View Post
Its probably free or really cheap.
The pass itself is worth a little under $100, but it'd doubtful that they Registrar would charge anything for a replacement sticker.
Old 09-03-2009 at 07:07 PM   #9
adrian
Elite Member

Liked: 143 Times

a sneaky way: say you never got it in the mail. Then its free. But I didn't tell you this.

katie_batt, syaseen like this.
Old 09-03-2009 at 07:12 PM   #10
Mowicz
Elite Member

Liked: 529 Times

I don't think replacement stickers cost anything...if you replace your card and your sticker in the process, then it's $30.

It's speculative though, so drop into the office of the registrar in Gilmour Hall, and tell them what happened.

You could always lie. :p
Old 09-03-2009 at 08:30 PM   #11
EmilySusie

Liked: 18 Times

I lost my card once and it cost $30 for a replacement.

A few months ago I lost only the sticker and it was free. All I said was that I lost the sticker I got in the mail and it was no problem. You will need to bring your student card of course for I.D.

katie_batt, ~*Sara*~ all say thanks to EmilySusie for this post.