MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So SOCS meet at 9:00 am tomorrow in the student center??? memyselfandi First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 12 09-05-2010 06:26 AM
Rewards Center-MacInsiders kanishka Computers & Tech 19 06-16-2010 04:35 AM
Where is the Physics Help Center??? Sintos First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 10-22-2009 08:19 AM
University Medical Center bus stop Halsinger General Discussion 3 09-11-2009 08:46 AM

Student center power plug?

Old 10-15-2010 at 10:34 PM   #1
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Student center power plug?
Is there a power plug next to those seats?
My laptop has a terrible battery life and I need a plug
If not is there anywhere I other than classroom that has a power plug and a good area to study?
Old 10-15-2010 at 10:41 PM   #2
Deegs14
Cogito, ergo sum

Liked: 156 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
Is there a power plug next to those seats?
My laptop has a terrible battery life and I need a plug
If not is there anywhere I other than classroom that has a power plug and a good area to study?
Any Library on campus has ample power outlets and study areas as well. You could also go to any cafe on campus as well - not as quiet but much more comfortable.
Old 10-15-2010 at 10:43 PM   #3
cjdzl
G0DFATHER

Liked: 229 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deegs14 View Post
Any Library on campus has ample power outlets and study areas as well. You could also go to any cafe on campus as well - not as quiet but much more comfortable.
obviously library has them
I was just wondering cuz library don't open till 10:30 tomorrow
I was planning on waking up really early to study for my midterm
but don't know where to go to study
Old 10-15-2010 at 10:45 PM   #4
Jessicaaaa

Liked: 42 Times

hey
the only plug i can think of in the student center is on the wall behind the tim hortons near the benches/tables. so you could use that, but you have to get there at the right time to snag it, cause its usually in use..
you could also always go to mills lib. first floor has a tonne of outlets on the tables to your left when you go through the gate things. second floor mills has a few study areas that have individual cubbies with their own outlets that i like to use-thats where i go to study.
Old 10-15-2010 at 11:00 PM   #5
Cliu91
Taylor Gang Lifestyle

Liked: 325 Times

Student centre 2nd floor has an area with desks and such with outlets.
Several outlets on walls etc too on the 2nd floor, 3rd too, I think.
Old 10-15-2010 at 11:50 PM   #6
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdzl View Post
obviously library has them
I was just wondering cuz library don't open till 10:30 tomorrow
I was planning on waking up really early to study for my midterm
but don't know where to go to study
Consider your bedroom? I study in my room all the time.
Old 10-16-2010 at 12:08 AM   #7
Rakim
Account Locked

Liked: 814 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxsumz View Post
Consider your bedroom? I study in my room all the time.
probably has an annoying roomate like myself im guessng.
Old 10-16-2010 at 12:52 AM   #8
Desda
Elite Member

Liked: 335 Times

The student centre is always open and there are a lot of plugs on the 2nd floor. Not that I'm always there or anything.
Old 10-16-2010 at 02:27 AM   #9
Rayine
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

2nd floor of student center.
or even the first floor by the fireplace has some plugs. But its not so quiet there.
President, McMaster Undergraduate Society for the Chemical Sciences
Old 10-16-2010 at 09:40 AM   #10
vkozina

Liked: 6 Times

I hope I describe this correctly so you can find them, but do you know where those sitting area are that have the glass wall and they face out into the artium area? They are right next to the main stairs across from Compass. There are plugs on the wall below this seating area for tables during clubsfest and vendors. These plugs are usually free in the evening when vendors have left for the day. If you have a long extension cord, you could sit there and use them. Also, sometimes there are empty tables and some chairs infront of these plugs.
I understand the frustration in trying to find somewhere to plug your computer in... good luck!
Old 10-16-2010 at 01:28 PM   #11
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkozina View Post
I hope I describe this correctly so you can find them, but do you know where those sitting area are that have the glass wall and they face out into the artium area? They are right next to the main stairs across from Compass. There are plugs on the wall below this seating area for tables during clubsfest and vendors. These plugs are usually free in the evening when vendors have left for the day. If you have a long extension cord, you could sit there and use them. Also, sometimes there are empty tables and some chairs infront of these plugs.
I understand the frustration in trying to find somewhere to plug your computer in... good luck!
That would be the 'fire place' area.
Old 10-16-2010 at 04:05 PM   #12
vkozina

Liked: 6 Times

I dont know, fire place area to me is those couches by the wall of windows...
It doesn't matter, thats where they are
Old 10-16-2010 at 05:11 PM   #13
gmoney

Liked: 21 Times

plug on wall behind timmies in student centre doesn't work. i tried in first year and even second year and they hadn't fixed it yet. haven't tried it this year yet tho, maybe they did.
Old 10-16-2010 at 06:45 PM   #14
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney View Post
plug on wall behind timmies in student centre doesn't work. i tried in first year and even second year and they hadn't fixed it yet. haven't tried it this year yet tho, maybe they did.
that plug always works for me