MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it safe to sleep over in the student centre? xxsumz General Discussion 34 05-12-2010 05:11 PM
Student Centre Hours Goce General Discussion 4 11-24-2009 08:24 AM
The birds in the student centre HeatherH General Discussion 25 03-30-2009 11:58 PM
Student Centre Changes Matt Wright General Discussion 36 03-29-2009 07:52 PM
McMaster Centre for Student Development Chad MSU & On-Campus Services 0 07-25-2007 12:54 PM

Student Centre Question

Old 01-23-2011 at 06:34 PM   #1
shay2014

Liked: 4 Times

Student Centre Question
As I walk through the student centre each morning, I'm surrounded by clubs or organizations at tables that sell treats for a donation, blast music for more attention, etc. I wanted to use one of those student centre tables for my club, but im not sure how that works? Do you have to sign-up somewhere or what?

Last edited by shay2014 : 01-23-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-23-2011 at 07:01 PM   #2
kimzy

Liked: 48 Times

You have to register a month in advance through msu admin

shay2014 says thanks to kimzy for this post.
Old 01-23-2011 at 07:35 PM   #3
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2014 View Post
As I walk through the student centre each morning, I'm surrounded by clubs or organizations at tables that sell treats for a donation, blast music for more attention, etc. I wanted to use one of those student centre tables for my club, but im not sure how that works? Do you have to sign-up somewhere or what?
what's your club?
Old 01-23-2011 at 07:54 PM   #4
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

There's two steps to getting a club table in the student centre.

First, you have to go to the MUSC office in the 2nd floor of the student centre, in room 222 and fill out a document. Then, you visit the website and apply for a table.

This is the Reservations page of the MUSC website. Click whether you want a Info table, a bake sale table, a banner space, or any other type of reservation. From there, you fill out the info page and wait for them to contact you (they're pretty quick at replying).

And that's that! Like the above poster said, you do have to book it in advance.

Have fun and good luck getting people's attention

Cootes Paradise Club Leader
MacTV Executive Producer

Old 01-23-2011 at 08:06 PM   #5
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

For bake sale tables, does it necessarily need to be a club that's running it? Say I want to get a bake sale table to raise money for my Ride to Conquer Cancer fund. As an individual, would I be able to get a table for that?

Last edited by eullwm : 01-23-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2011 at 08:45 PM   #6
lizziepizzie
aka Mrs. Henry Cavill

Liked: 423 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
For bake sale tables, does it necessarily need to be a club that's running it? Say I want to get a bake sale table to raise money for my Ride to Conquer Cancer fund. As an individual, would I be able to get a table for that?
All you can do is try!
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:07 PM   #7
eullwm
Elite Member

Liked: 221 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziepizzie View Post
All you can do is try!
My God, stop trying to boost your e-peen by getting an extra post added to your count and post only when helpful. A specific question, implied to be directed at somebody with the answer, doesn't warrant an uninformed, useless chirping.

PHLN says thanks to eullwm for this post.

PHLN likes this.
Old 01-23-2011 at 09:25 PM   #8
Alvand

Liked: 38 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by eullwm View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I highly doubt it. However, I do suggest baking some goods and walking around the libraries and standing outside of big lecture halls before/after classes!

Cootes Paradise Club Leader
MacTV Executive Producer

eullwm says thanks to Alvand for this post.
Old 02-03-2011 at 09:23 PM   #9
Nort

Liked: 18 Times

Don't blast music for attention like those other clubs. It makes you look like a moron.
Old 02-03-2011 at 11:15 PM   #10
PHLN
Oink! Oink! Oink! Oink!

Liked: 506 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nort View Post
Don't blast music for attention like those other clubs. It makes you look like a moron.
Yea!

If you want attention, just put well dressed cute/hot girls at your table.

Every guys will slow down to look and in turns slow down the traffic in and around the area.

camais likes this.