MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No More Copy Cards sew12 Computers & Tech 19 08-03-2010 12:08 AM
Airtime cards jjuaristi Computers & Tech 3 01-28-2010 12:47 PM
Report Cards cillerbee Academics 1 04-13-2009 02:13 PM
Does the gym start selling memberships at 6AM tomorrow? conster General Discussion 3 01-04-2009 07:46 PM
Credit Cards lorend Misc 0 11-15-2007 12:17 AM

Student ID Cards & Gym Memberships

Old 07-28-2010 at 07:02 PM   #1
ashlay17

Liked: 0 Times

Student ID Cards & Gym Memberships
Hey, I have a couple questions!

First, do we get our Student ID cards on the day that we move-in?
And second, for gym memberships, is it mandatory to buy a locker/towel? If not, does anyone know if it is better to buy them as well?

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2010 at 07:13 PM   #2
Cristina_n13

Liked: 23 Times

firstly, you'll get your student id in the mail unless you didn't submit your picture on time or you're out of province/country. If the latter is the case, you'll be able to pick up your ID when you move in.
As for the gym membership, you get free access to pool, squash courts and indoor (and outdoor i guess) track. If you get a membership to pulse (the place with the machines & weights & drop-in classes) you don't have to buy a locker/towel just the membership itself. I actually don't think they have towel service (i may be mistaken) as for lockers, thats a completely different story. You have day lockers that you can use for free though. Since you're oncampus you sholdn't need to buy a locker, just use the day lockers. You need your own lock though.
Old 07-28-2010 at 07:13 PM   #3
brendanp

Liked: 26 Times

they mail your student card to you before you move in, and it is not mandatory to buy a towel/locker. it is kind of a waste of money to buy a locker because you can just use the day lockers for free. if for some reason you need to keep stuff overnight, then rent a locker.
Old 07-28-2010 at 10:08 PM   #4
ashlay17

Liked: 0 Times

Oooh alright, thank you!