MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Isn't it around this time someone starts the "MI Study Meet Up" topic? Entropy General Discussion 48 04-07-2011 12:52 PM
[urgent] "account is full (quota exceeded)" email problem WekSos Academics 3 07-06-2010 11:33 AM
Psychology 1X03's "optional" and "required" texts WitekS First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 40 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

"Study End Date Notice" / OSAP Help ?

Old 04-28-2011 at 02:03 PM   #1
katherinelwk

Liked: 0 Times

"Study End Date Notice" / OSAP Help ?
So I just finished my first year at mac and need to re-apply for OSAP for my second. I have a few questions about this:
1) When is the deadline to apply? (I've googled this numerous times and can't seem to find it lol)
2) I received a letter from the National Student Loans Service Centre telling me that I have to submit my loan documents to them before November 1st .. I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.It also says I have to provide them with my study period for next year, otherwise I will get interest charged on my current loan, but it doesn't provide an efficient way to get in touch with them. Did anybody else receive this letter as well?
Sorry if these are stupid questions, but any answers will be greatly appreciated!
- Katherine
Old 04-28-2011 at 03:25 PM   #2
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katherinelwk View Post
So I just finished my first year at mac and need to re-apply for OSAP for my second. I have a few questions about this:
1) When is the deadline to apply? (I've googled this numerous times and can't seem to find it lol)
2) I received a letter from the National Student Loans Service Centre telling me that I have to submit my loan documents to them before November 1st .. I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about.It also says I have to provide them with my study period for next year, otherwise I will get interest charged on my current loan, but it doesn't provide an efficient way to get in touch with them. Did anybody else receive this letter as well?
Sorry if these are stupid questions, but any answers will be greatly appreciated!
- Katherine
The deadline is pretty last in summer... I don't know the exact day either but it should be available as of now. Like most things, the earlier you do it the better.

You only need to submit loan documents if you are taking other loans (from a bank for instance). For your next study period you can just apply to OSAP. If they give you money then you don't need to do anything (You actually sign the paper when you pick up your OSAP) but if you get rejected you have to go to SFAS and they'll give you the documents, you just sign and they will send it to OSAP.

By the way, all the contact information is at the bottom of the letter they gave you.

katherinelwk says thanks to jhan523 for this post.
Old 04-30-2011 at 11:19 AM   #3
katherinelwk

Liked: 0 Times

Thanks so much! Lol I was worried they wanted me to send them some papers i definitely lost months ago.
And the contact information at the bottom was completely useless, the phone numbers all led me to automated operators, it was impossible to get in contact with an actual person lol. I'll keep trying though.
Thanks for your help!