MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apartment/Suite vs Traditional summercandy Residence & Housing 11 12-01-2010 08:04 PM
apartment style vs. suite style nick Residence & Housing 4 03-24-2010 12:09 PM

Suite & Apartment room help :p

Old 05-29-2011 at 06:39 AM   #1
TabbishAziz

Liked: 0 Times

Suite & Apartment room help :p
Hey guys, I am guaranteed a spot in residence, and so are 3 other friends of mine. We wanted to get a suite or apartment room, and we were wondering, is it possible for all of us to put 3 other people as their preference? Or is it only possible to put one person as a preference? If so, how do I get the 2 other people in my room? Thanks!
Old 05-29-2011 at 07:40 AM   #2
JEFF_CHAN
Forum Creeper

Liked: 454 Times

Only one. And even then you're not guaranteed any roommate (or a suite/apartment room for that matter).

Lame, I know.
Old 05-29-2011 at 07:59 AM   #3
ellerytc

Liked: 25 Times

i thought the one person roommate was guaranteed as long as you both put each other? :|
Old 05-29-2011 at 12:28 PM   #4
katrinabell

Liked: 19 Times

I thought there was an option to contact Residence admissions if you want to room with a larger group of people. When I was in first year 4 guys requested to room together and got a quad.
Old 05-29-2011 at 01:21 PM   #5
~*Sara*~
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 624 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrinabell View Post
I thought there was an option to contact Residence admissions if you want to room with a larger group of people. When I was in first year 4 guys requested to room together and got a quad.
That's what I know as well, but I don't know if it applies to a suite or apartment . So definitely contact residence admissions and see what can be done about that and how to to go about doing it .
This is taken from the site: " Groups of three or four students wishing to live together in a bunk and loft triple, triple or quad room only may contact Residence Admissions for further information at: [email protected] r.ca"
Old 05-30-2011 at 12:30 AM   #6
Allana:)

Liked: 46 Times

The rooms in suites and apartments are considered singles, so I'm not sure if you can request people at all.
Old 05-30-2011 at 11:25 PM   #7
spyridm

Liked: 46 Times

you can request a roommate in the apartments and suites- two of my friends in Keyes requested each other
but to reiterate what other people said, you can only request one roommate on the residence application form, other than that you will have to contact the higher ups to try to get more
Old 05-31-2011 at 12:15 AM   #8
schmane

Liked: 3 Times

I read into this last summer when I was applying, so I can't really remember EVERYTHING. But I remember it saying that two people may request each other, then the other two have to request each other. And you all have to have the exact same ranking for room choice. Then you have to contact someone to talk about putting all four of you together. But make sure you fill out the residence application the exact same way: same room types (all five ranked), same preferences for roommate. Everything.

But once again, it's not guaranteed. Just ask someone though. Hope this helps!
Old 05-31-2011 at 07:12 PM   #9
Chevalier
Elite Member

Liked: 203 Times

basically you can request one other room mate, and as long as that other room mate also requests you then you 2 will be guranteed to be together in the case that you make it into a suite, apartment, double, triple, or quad.

of course which res you get is lottery based so you may be with them in apartment or in a quad, just the luck of the draw.

also a lot of people will tell you you can put in a request with res if you have 2 other people for you to be placed in the same rooms if both groups of 2 manage to get into suite, or apart, or quad. but i have friends who got into apartment last year and were unsuccessful at this so i wouldnt get my hopes up if i were you.

also its good in a way if theres 4 of you, split into 2 groups. that way if you get into suite, apartment, or quad, youll be able to meet new people and connect easily through each other.