MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sessional Average pollicus Academics 5 04-26-2012 01:33 PM
Sessional Dates 2011-2012 oxelhs Academics 3 01-02-2012 09:26 PM
is it still possible to take summer school to boost up my average rmfldkdtm Academics 3 06-16-2011 04:05 PM
Do non-required summer marks count in your cumulative average? killza Academics 4 08-05-2010 11:24 AM
sessional average? maryam17 Academics 1 05-01-2010 04:40 PM

summer courses and sessional average

Old 05-05-2012 at 10:40 AM   #1
optimism

Liked: 14 Times

summer courses and sessional average
I currently have a GPA average of 9.4, but I need at least a 9.5 to be on the dean's honour list, I'm simply one grade point short :(

However, I'm taking 4 summer courses, two in term 1 and two in term 2. Can they help me get my average bumped to get on that list? How would they be calculated? Do they calculate your best 30 units or do they take into consideration all the units?

Also, how do the marks for summer courses affect your cumulative average for the 4 years of undergrad?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Old 05-05-2012 at 10:49 AM   #2
baodo1
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 6 Times

They will not count towards your sessional average this year, so unfortunately you will not make the dean's honour list. Summer course grades only count towards your cumulative average. However, I think that roll over to next year so that if your sessional average is not enough to get on dean's list next year they can help boost it to get you on the list depending on the grades you get in these summer classes and the sessional average you have next year

optimism says thanks to baodo1 for this post.