MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good electives in summer school jcbr100 Academics 14 03-13-2011 04:15 PM
summer school easy electives for term2? civil First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 06-23-2010 02:08 PM
summer school easy electives for term2? civil Academics 1 06-23-2010 11:32 AM
summer school easy electives for term2? civil Academics 0 06-23-2010 11:27 AM
Registering for electives for term 2 & summer rant General Discussion 2 11-19-2009 11:29 AM

Summer Electives

Old 04-27-2011 at 08:51 PM   #1
OSid

Liked: 1 Time

Summer Electives
Hey, so I want to take some summer electives to reduce the work load in 2nd year.

Now im pretty lost on how registration for summer courses works, i will contact the eng office tommorow for more clarification(sp?) but was hoping to get some quick answers.

Ill put my issues in point form to simplify and organize my mind a little

1) Which electives are suggested to be taken in summer, currently im taking Health Age 1bb3 but unsure if its a wise choice

2) Since im still considered to be in first year engineering, if i wanted to take a 2nd year course (for which i have the prereq) is there anything special I have to do?

3) Waiver form... when do you have to fill it out???

Thanks a lot in advance, and apologies for all the questions coming out at once xD
Old 04-27-2011 at 08:59 PM   #2
LBJ.MVP

Liked: 16 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSid View Post
Hey, so I want to take some summer electives to reduce the work load in 2nd year.

Now im pretty lost on how registration for summer courses works, i will contact the eng office tommorow for more clarification(sp?) but was hoping to get some quick answers.

Ill put my issues in point form to simplify and organize my mind a little

1) Which electives are suggested to be taken in summer, currently im taking Health Age 1bb3 but unsure if its a wise choice

2) Since im still considered to be in first year engineering, if i wanted to take a 2nd year course (for which i have the prereq) is there anything special I have to do?

3) Waiver form... when do you have to fill it out???

Thanks a lot in advance, and apologies for all the questions coming out at once xD
1) health age isnt bad. U should really take harder courses over the summer, they are much more lax over summer, makes ur regular year easier.
2) NO if u have the prereqs u can take any course really in 2nd year. if u have prereq for a 3rd year u can take that as well.
3) fill it out asap if u need it to take a course, but this depends on if u have permission from faculty.

OSid says thanks to LBJ.MVP for this post.
Old 04-27-2011 at 09:01 PM   #3
songbird

Liked: 0 Times

Definitely consider taking harder courses over the summer - much more manageable.

OSid says thanks to songbird for this post.
Old 04-27-2011 at 09:02 PM   #4
RyanC
Elite Member

Liked: 2,312 Times

What he said... look at what science courses you'll be taking in later years and take those instead of some /easy/ elective..

OSid says thanks to RyanC for this post.
Old 04-27-2011 at 09:18 PM   #5
OSid

Liked: 1 Time

ALright, you guys make a good point about taking easier courses, but tbh, i really dont know what courses are hard.

As for the waiver form, im assuming you would only have to fill it out if you did not have a pre req for a specific course?
Old 04-27-2011 at 09:43 PM   #6
KAB:)

Liked: 11 Times

If your going into your second year in eng, take math in advance. Thats what I did and it was the best decision I ever made. Course was apparently really hard this year. (Math 2Z03 and 2ZZ3)

You don't need any special waivers to take second year eng math over the summer, just register for it on solar. Super easy.