Orgo Summer patela77 Academics 15 12-11-2010 10:09 PM
Summer school orgo chem LBJ.MVP Academics 0 03-24-2010 07:12 PM

Summer Orgo after first year

Old 02-10-2012 at 10:52 AM   #1
Philipp31
Elite Member

Liked: 192 Times

Summer Orgo after first year
So I want to take Orgo 1 this summer, im currently in first year. I was just wondering if anyone knows how registration for this work since when its time to register in SOLAR I wont have a credit for Chem 1AA3 and therefore wont meet the pre-req requirement for this course.
Thanks for your time
Old 02-10-2012 at 10:53 AM   #2
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 633 Times

Hi Phillipp,
You just go to the Chem Department around March (when summer school registration begins) and submit a request for a waiver. It is granted conditional to your passing Chem 1AA3. I.e. You will be allowed to enroll, but you need to pass 1AA3 to take 2OA3.

Cheers
Bushra

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Philipp31 says thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.

Philipp31 likes this.
Old 02-10-2012 at 11:01 AM   #3
Philipp31
Elite Member

Thank you very much And do you have any thoughts on taking this course during the summer? Im only planning on working part time so I will have a fair amount of time on my hands.
Edit: I see the general consensus here on MI is to take it during the summer!
Old 02-10-2012 at 11:18 AM   #4
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Well, it will be very tiring, especially if you're new to Organic Chemistry. It's worthwhile though because it gives you a lot of time to focus on it. I am not sure who's teaching it this term. It used to be Teri Gullon for a few years and she was a fantastic professor but you may not find the prof's teaching style compatible with your learning. You still have the option of dropping it. Just keep up with the practice. Everybody thinks that statement does not apply to them. You cannot do Orgo well without practice, and preferably practice every day.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

Old 02-10-2012 at 11:52 AM   #5
Philipp31
Elite Member

Sounds good, thank you!
Old 02-10-2012 at 02:33 PM   #6
Reno V

Liked: 38 Times

Is it weird that everytime I read orgo i think of chicken orzo?
Old 02-10-2012 at 02:46 PM   #7
goodnews.inc
MacInsiders Staff

Also, Teri Gullon has left the university, so... it's anybody's guess who will teach and how the course will be.

I'm happy to tutor Orgo for free to yourself or anybody else who may be interested for a couple of hours a week. I just need to brush up on my Orgo so...if you know anyone, just let me know via private message.

Emma Ali
Honours Life Sciences

anonanon987, icecubz, navyboat, Philipp31 all say thanks to goodnews.inc for this post.

anonanon987, icecubz like this.
Old 02-10-2012 at 02:57 PM   #8
anonanon987
Power Abuser

Liked: 459 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post
Also, Teri Gullon has left the university, so... it's anybody's guess who will teach and how the course will be.

I'm happy to tutor Orgo for free to yourself or anybody else who may be interested for a couple of hours a week. I just need to brush up on my Orgo so...if you know anyone, just let me know via private message.
That's very kind of you Bushra, I'm sure you will help several students.
Old 02-10-2012 at 04:51 PM   #9
Philipp31
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnews.inc View Post

Well this is fantastic news... but I would most certainly reimburse you for your time I sent you a PM