MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chem 1A03 in summer school. Skye Academics 4 05-01-2011 03:56 PM
anyone take chem 1a03 and chem 1aa3 during the summer? macbaby07 Academics 0 05-03-2010 05:47 PM
chem 1a03 spring/summer school '09 maryam17 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 0 04-28-2009 08:12 PM
Chem 1aa3 summer school~ demelo_b General Discussion 0 04-21-2009 05:36 PM

Summer School Chem 1A03/1AA3 recommended?

Old 06-28-2016 at 03:56 PM   #1
SriKP

Liked: 0 Times

Summer School Chem 1A03/1AA3 recommended?
Hey guys! As my elective options are limited for my program, Arts and Science, I was thinking about taking the two first year chems during the summer. How would the workload be? Would it be really difficult to get good grades in it? Thanks!!
Old 06-28-2016 at 04:04 PM   #2
jon.john23
Elite Member

Liked: 130 Times

with any summer school course, they condense 12 weeks worth of material down to 6. So it is ideal you stay on top of the content, so as not to get left behind.

I have taken math courses in summer school which I would say are on par with Level 1 Chem in terms of difficultly and work load. I put in a decent amount of work to get an 11/12.

So it is certainly doable, provided you put in the time and effort to: stay on top of readings, attending tutorials, PRACTICE, and ask questions if you feel unsure about anything!
Plus, with all the time the summer presents: this should not be an issue.

I'd say do it!

However the only thing I'm not sure about is how labs are run in summer school. I'm assuming you will have 1 each week or 2... Not sure. May be someone with more experience can give you a better idea

Last edited by jon.john23 : 06-28-2016 at 04:12 PM.

SriKP says thanks to jon.john23 for this post.