MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CHEM 20A3 Letter of Permission/registeration in honours program goldfish101 Academics 1 04-15-2010 05:23 PM
Anyone selling their Chem 20A3 Orgo Textbook and solution manual? kohmx Academics 1 04-08-2010 08:22 PM
Odd Chem Lab Section - No tutorial or lab for this week? jubilantx First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 14 09-22-2009 05:55 PM

switching chem 20a3 lab section

Old 09-03-2010 at 02:08 PM   #1
karna

Liked: 28 Times

switching chem 20a3 lab section
I am willing to trade L10 for L03 or L08. reply if interested.
Old 09-05-2010 at 04:56 AM   #2
BuzzZero

Liked: 2 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by karna View Post
I am willing to trade L10 for L03 or L08. reply if interested.
Even if someone is interested, how would u manage to do the trade? I've been trying to switch out of mine since forever so I emailed the 20A3 lab coordinator so he can put me in a waiting list. So I think if u tried to trade with someone, a waiting list person would end up getting the spot u wanted.
Old 09-05-2010 at 11:42 AM   #3
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzZero View Post
Even if someone is interested, how would u manage to do the trade? I've been trying to switch out of mine since forever so I emailed the 20A3 lab coordinator so he can put me in a waiting list. So I think if u tried to trade with someone, a waiting list person would end up getting the spot u wanted.
Isn't the 2OA3 coordinator a woman? Teri Gullon...

To trade, you would both go on SOLAR at some obscure time when other people are unlikely to be on, and one person will drop the section and the other person will try to add it immediately after.

You could also approach the lab coordinator and give both your student numbers and say you want to trade...not all courses allow this, but I know some that do--they just require both students to email with both student numbers saying they want to switch.
Old 09-05-2010 at 12:00 PM   #4
BuzzZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerual View Post
Isn't the 2OA3 coordinator a woman? Teri Gullon...

To trade, you would both go on SOLAR at some obscure time when other people are unlikely to be on, and one person will drop the section and the other person will try to add it immediately after.

You could also approach the lab coordinator and give both your student numbers and say you want to trade...not all courses allow this, but I know some that do--they just require both students to email with both student numbers saying they want to switch.
Oh sorry I didn't check to see whether the coordinator was a man or a woman . Well what I was saying was that the first thing u mentioned might not work because even if it's the middle of the night, the ppl in the waiting list can get in automatically when someone drops.

Your second point about approaching the lab coordinator seems like a good idea though.
Old 09-05-2010 at 12:12 PM   #5
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzZero View Post
Oh sorry I didn't check to see whether the coordinator was a man or a woman . Well what I was saying was that the first thing u mentioned might not work because even if it's the middle of the night, the ppl in the waiting list can get in automatically when someone drops.

Your second point about approaching the lab coordinator seems like a good idea though.
Trading directly with someone isn't guaranteed, and there is a risk to it, but it's not as difficult as it seems. Like, it's not a smart idea to do it when SOLAR is full, but I gave my spot in immuno (a VERY popular course) to my friend that way and it was around 7pm, when there were likely many other people on there. It's not as sketchy as it seems--especially because it's only for a section of the course, you're not trying to get into a course that is already full.
Try emailing Teri first though if you want to trade, because that's definitely safer, and then if she says no, try doing it on SOLAR directly
Old 09-05-2010 at 04:51 PM   #6
BuzzZero

Well Im Interested in switching L06 for either L02, L03, L04, L07, L08, or L09. Reply if interested.