MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Switching Engineering Streams vazm4 Academics 1 08-24-2010 09:00 AM
Switching from Software Engineering to Game Design Rail24 Academics 6 06-15-2010 01:44 PM
Switching into kin PockyWarrior Academics 2 04-12-2010 07:38 PM
switching programs DancesToNIN Academics 4 02-07-2010 08:22 PM
Switching from Engineering I to Life Sci TedMosby General Discussion 12 12-03-2009 08:16 PM

Switching to Engineering...help!

Old 12-25-2009 at 11:17 AM   #1
ShouldBeStudying
Elite Member

Liked: 357 Times

Switching to Engineering...help!
Hi, I'm thinking about changing to engineering...i'm currently in second year biology and was wondering do other schools look at your high school marks or university marks when you apply, cause i've been doing pretty bad so far, mid 70 average...i was wondering what sort of school I would have a shot at for applying to engineering? would i be able to at mac as well?
Old 12-25-2009 at 01:36 PM   #2
maclover

Liked: 55 Times

you can definitely get into engineering with a mid-70 average at mac but i am afraid you might have to take quite a few first year courses because first year is general and then you specialize. You wont be able to go from second year at bio to second year at whatever engineering.
Old 12-25-2009 at 05:52 PM   #3
blackdragon
Elite Member

Liked: 339 Times

Maclover is right. Since first year is general, you will need to take that, so it would be a waste of a year, unless you really want that.
Old 12-25-2009 at 06:12 PM   #4
Entropy
Splice onto Arcane

Liked: 974 Times

On the plus side, a lot of first-year Eng courses are offered in the summer, and if you were in General/Life/Physical Science in your first year, then you might already have a few courses already. I'm fairly sure Chem 1A03 is equivalent to Chem 1E03, and depending on the sort of Math and Physics you took, you might be able to get away with not having to do them over too. But even if you do, they should be relatively easy courses since you know most of the material already.