MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
switching to life science from econ 2nd year rmfldkdtm Academics 1 11-02-2011 01:00 PM
switching from life sci to neurosci dkqjwl Academics 0 08-15-2011 04:25 PM
Switching from Business to Life Sci? sayok8737 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 02-28-2011 05:21 PM
Switching from Life sci to Mol bio and genetics Prabh Academics 12 06-17-2010 05:07 PM
Switching from Engineering I to Life Sci TedMosby General Discussion 12 12-03-2009 08:16 PM

Switching from Life Sci to Med Rad after 2nd year

Old 07-09-2012 at 02:31 PM   #1
vvndn

Liked: 0 Times

Switching from Life Sci to Med Rad after 2nd year
Hi! I applied to switch into Med Rad I from Life Sci I. I was put on the waiting list, but wasn't accepted into the program in the end. Does anyone know if it's possible to apply to switch into the Med Rad program after my second year of Life Sci? Thanks!
Old 07-09-2012 at 02:41 PM   #2
Silver
Elite Member

Liked: 392 Times

in first year life sci you could finish bio 1a03, psych 1x03, kin 1y03, 1yy3, and math 1a03/1ls3. so you could knock off 5 courses that are required for med rad....but there are 4 first year med rads courses that only med rads take and these courses are prereqs to upper year med rad courses. if you could get into these 4 first year med rad courses then you wont be set behind, but if not then you pretty much will need to do these four first year courses in your 2nd year of university which will put you a year behind pretty much. a switch is possible. my friends switched from life sci and is doing first year med rad courses in his 2nd year with a bunch of 2nd year electives. he is pretty much a year behind in med rad though.
Old 07-09-2012 at 03:51 PM   #3
kl9988

Liked: 3 Times

@vvndn how do you know u weren't accepted into it? I was put on it too and it doesn't say anything for me so I don't know if I'm accepted into it
Old 07-09-2012 at 07:08 PM   #4
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

The way med rad works does not allow you to skip years, even if courses transfer. So you can still transfer in, but it will still take the full four years to complete the med rad degree. You would be allowed to take a reduced courseload since you already have elective credits and some compulsory credits from your first two years.

vvndn says thanks to nerual for this post.
Old 07-09-2012 at 07:23 PM   #5
jim1
Elite Member

Liked: 360 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl9988 View Post
@vvndn how do you know u weren't accepted into it? I was put on it too and it doesn't say anything for me so I don't know if I'm accepted into it
I think it says that on your grade report page on mugsi...it will probably be below your grades from the most recent year finished(first,second ...).
Old 07-12-2012 at 04:08 PM   #6
vvndn

Liked: 0 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl9988 View Post
sorry, i wrote this thread and then totally forgot about it! lol
but under grade reports it said that i was put on the waiting list and that they would contact me in early june if i got it. since they didnt contact me, i assumed it meant that i wasnt accepted into the program :/