MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
management or not? mehtad5 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 7 07-05-2009 10:50 AM

Switching to management

Old 07-28-2009 at 10:21 AM   #1
ali999

Liked: 0 Times

Switching to management
Hi

I am currently enrolled in the Electrical Engineering program at Level 2. I am interested in switching to the engineering and management stream. I did not apply for it previously. Does anyone know if this is possible or not? I have taken first year economics which is the prerequisite for this program. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2009 at 10:27 AM   #2
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

It's certainly possible, email your faculty. The only situations I forsee there being a problem with is if you don't have a high enough GPA or the program is full(unlikely)
Old 07-28-2009 at 10:34 AM   #3
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

There may not be any spots left in the second year commerce courses you are required to take at this point. Still worth a shot though. Contact the Eng Management people and ask.
Old 07-28-2009 at 10:37 AM   #4
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

If he switches into the program, he will be guaranteed spots in any course he needs to take.
Old 07-28-2009 at 11:00 AM   #5
ali999

Liked: 0 Times

I had to apply for reinstatement after taking last year off. My CA is restored to 0.00 so I am not sure how this affects the situation. Is there anyone who has gone through something like this already?
Old 07-28-2009 at 11:10 AM   #6
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali999 View Post
I had to apply for reinstatement after taking last year off. My CA is restored to 0.00 so I am not sure how this affects the situation. Is there anyone who has gone through something like this already?
I doubt that will help you but like I said it's worth a shot. Just get in touch with the Eng&Mgmt office and see what they say.