MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Join Mac second semester bangbang General Discussion 5 10-23-2009 07:12 PM
Taking labour studies 1A03 and 1C03 in same semester? lizziemcg First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 1 08-28-2009 07:22 PM
Do Medical Schools care if I took 4 courses first semester, 5 courses 2nd semester... Arnold General Discussion 6 07-17-2009 03:30 PM
2nd Semester Electives Ridz First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 9 12-01-2008 12:03 PM
First Semester Marks! Chad MacInsiders Announcements 8 01-07-2008 10:08 AM

Taking a semester off

Old 02-27-2010 at 04:40 PM   #1
Steph Butter

Liked: 0 Times

Taking a semester off
If I would like to take a semester off learning to focus on other things who should I contact? Is there a deadline for reporting this situation?
Old 02-27-2010 at 04:59 PM   #2
Fight0
Elite Member

Liked: 141 Times

Go talk to an academic advisor for your faculty (likely at the associate dean's office).
Old 03-10-2010 at 03:01 PM   #3
andrew22
Account Locked

Liked: 238 Times

in general can we dip for an extended period of time. then go back to solar and just resign back up whenever?
Old 03-11-2010 at 11:58 AM   #4
lorend
MacInsiders VP
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 507 Times

I think so.

Remember, the school doesn't really care when or if you finish your degree. Part-time students often take terms and sometimes years off in between their classes. However, I don't know if they have to be re-instated or not.

As mentioned, go to an academic advisor in your faculty.

We are people of this generation, bred in at least modest comfort, housed in universities, looking uncomfortably into the world we inherit. -- Port Huron Statement

Old 03-11-2010 at 01:52 PM   #5
melchizedek

Liked: 35 Times

i'm 99% sure you can do whatever you want for 5 years...after that you have to get reinstated. i took all last year off and i'm taking first semster of next year off, and i never had to tell anyone

andrew22 says thanks to melchizedek for this post.
Old 03-11-2010 at 02:28 PM   #6
lawleypop
I am Prince Vegeta.

Liked: 1,373 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by melchizedek View Post
i'm 99% sure you can do whatever you want for 5 years...after that you have to get reinstated. i took all last year off and i'm taking first semster of next year off, and i never had to tell anyone
So you just didn't enroll in your next year courses when solar opened up, and then the year after that you could still access solar and enrol?

Mathematically it makes about as much sense as
(pineapple)$$*cucumbe r*.

Old 03-11-2010 at 03:14 PM   #7
melchizedek

Liked: 35 Times

yep...as of april 2008, i didn't even look at a mcmaster webpage until june 2009 and everything worked out fine. the only thing that i had to do in september was update my macid.

lawleypop says thanks to melchizedek for this post.