MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taking Both Orgos in the Summer? Christ First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 8 05-30-2012 12:46 AM
taking electives in summer jon.john23 Academics 3 03-23-2012 01:34 AM
Taking Chem 2OB3 during the school year after taking 2OA3 during the summer... oranges Academics 4 08-17-2011 07:47 PM
What are you taking this summer? tatski-p Academics 38 05-06-2011 06:29 PM
Looking for a Summer Job...Online lorend Jobs & Employment Tips 7 04-29-2009 01:33 PM

taking summer course online

Old 05-09-2012 at 11:25 AM   #1
sahannag

Liked: 0 Times

taking summer course online
so i am taking 12 units in summer school at mcmaster. i applued for a letter of permission but they said i could not get one because i cant over load in the summer. but can i still take an online equivalent course at guelph and transfer it to mcmaster university
Old 05-09-2012 at 02:15 PM   #2
nerual
Account Disabled by User

Liked: 345 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahannag View Post
so i am taking 12 units in summer school at mcmaster. i applued for a letter of permission but they said i could not get one because i cant over load in the summer. but can i still take an online equivalent course at guelph and transfer it to mcmaster university

Interesting that they won't let you overload in the summer. I guess it makes sense, though. Stuff is pretty compact.

Last edited by nerual : 05-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-09-2012 at 03:30 PM   #3
yoni

Liked: 87 Times

well, im pretty sure you can still take the course at guelph or wherever online (you don't need a letter of permission, mcmaster can't force you to not take it). you only need the LOP if you need the credit transferred to mcmaster so that it can count towards your degree. if you are just doing it for professional school or grad school that require specific courses as prereqs, you would just mail them [whoever handles the marks for wherever you're applying] a copy of your transcript from the different university. I'm not sure what would happen if you tried getting credit at Mac for it after the fact though.