MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Table Tennis Team Try-Outs recyclebin12 MacInsiders Announcements 11 10-03-2010 06:14 PM
Looking for regular tennis partner recyclebin12 Athletics & Recreation 13 10-02-2010 07:20 PM
McMaster Tennis Team karan078 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 32 09-09-2010 02:22 PM
Tennis? thatdudeukno General Discussion 16 07-14-2009 08:28 PM
Squash or Table Tennis mustafa General Discussion 3 07-04-2009 02:52 PM

Tennis?

Old 08-27-2008 at 03:22 PM   #1
Trauma04

Liked: 0 Times

Tennis?
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering if there are any tennis players out there that would be interested in playing some pick up games throughout the year. I'm pretty sure you can play in the DBAC during winter as long as you book a court. Anyways, if anyone is interested just let me know.
Old 08-27-2008 at 04:47 PM   #2
stevenback7

Liked: Liked 3 Times

I would so say "yes! - count me in" but . . .

Haven't played tennis for almost 4 years and I'm not bringing my tennis racquet to mac. Sorry lol.

On the other hand have you been watching the US Open? Another Nadal victory or will Federer finally pull himself out of the ditch and get a consolation grand slam? I haven't given up on Federer yet lol.
Old 08-27-2008 at 05:20 PM   #3
Trauma04

I'm pretty much glued to the TV while tennis is on haha but as much as I'd like to see Federer win the US Open, I just don't see it happening. I think Nadal will win it.
Old 08-27-2008 at 05:52 PM   #4
stevenback7

Liked: Liked 3 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma04 View Post
I'm pretty much glued to the TV while tennis is on haha but as much as I'd like to see Federer win the US Open, I just don't see it happening. I think Nadal will win it.
I blame the mono (I that was what he had) Federer had at the beggining of the year for Nadal becoming the number one player in the world. I hope next year that Federer gets back to his old form, I enjoy watching him play.

Can you rent equipment from the DBAC? I presume that there isn't a tennis club like there is a badminton club at mac?
Old 08-27-2008 at 06:36 PM   #5
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Yeah, Federer has mono. I'm hoping it's that too. I really hope he'll rebound.
Old 08-27-2008 at 10:38 PM   #6
Trauma04

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenback7 View Post
I blame the mono (I that was what he had) Federer had at the beggining of the year for Nadal becoming the number one player in the world. I hope next year that Federer gets back to his old form, I enjoy watching him play.

Can you rent equipment from the DBAC? I presume that there isn't a tennis club like there is a badminton club at mac?

To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not sure if you can rent equipment. I'm guessing that you probably could, but don't quote me on that. And no, for some reason they have badminton and table tennis clubs but not regular tennis. I'm going to mac tomorrow to drop off some books to sell, so I can probably swing by the DBAC and ask if they let you rent stuff.

As for Federer, I really don't think he'll return to top form. The men's tour is really deep talent wise. There are a bunch of younger players (ie/ Murray, Djokovic, Nadal, Tsonga) who are probably going to be contending for grand slams pretty soon.
Old 08-27-2008 at 10:53 PM   #7
dragonfly

Liked: Liked 2 Times

I wouldn't mind playing a couple games of tennis if i had time, although i probably wouldn't bring my racket right away (hopefully you can rent one or something).

But i'm not that good at tennis.. i played doubles on the tennis team in school for a year. But i mostly play for fun :p ..i haven't played for a year...so i wouldn't want to slow anyone down haha.
Old 08-28-2008 at 07:57 AM   #8
J-Met
Elite Member

Liked: 136 Times

Im probably at about the same skill level as you dragonfly, but id be up for a couple of casual games if I have time.
Old 08-28-2008 at 07:14 PM   #9
thatdudeukno

I played tennis all through high school and a little bit last year at uni, just casually though nothing serious. I'm up for a few games if you guys are interested. I have some fairly new tennis balls too.

Last edited by thatdudeukno : 08-28-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 08-28-2008 at 08:35 PM   #10
Nino
Insider Agent (IA)

Liked: 91 Times

Yeah, my guess is Nadal is going to win it. Umm, isn't Federer supposed to retire soon...? lol
Old 08-28-2008 at 09:03 PM   #11
jhan523
MacInsiders Staff

Liked: 604 Times

Are you kidding me? He's 27!
Old 08-28-2008
thatdudeukno
This message has been removed by a moderator. .
Old 08-29-2008 at 07:49 PM   #12
chaudhary.ak

hey
i would love to play tennis at mac nd about skill level i used to be gud nw its jst fr fun...so yea meet u guys there nd i will be bringing mine racquet too...
Old 08-29-2008 at 09:35 PM   #13
Trauma04

Hey guys,

Good to see so many people interested. The days the courts are available are:

Monday: 11:20 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday : 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Thursday: 11:20 am - 6:00 pm

So maybe post here or something with the days you could play? I can play anytime monday afternoon, anytime wednesday (if anyone wants to stay that late) and thursday after 4:30. I don't mind calling to book courts, bringing tennis balls or anything like that. Just let me know guys.
Old 08-30-2008 at 08:45 AM   #14
thatdudeukno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma04 View Post
Hey guys,

Good to see so many people interested. The days the courts are available are:

Monday: 11:20 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday : 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Thursday: 11:20 am - 6:00 pm

So maybe post here or something with the days you could play? I can play anytime monday afternoon, anytime wednesday (if anyone wants to stay that late) and thursday after 4:30. I don't mind calling to book courts, bringing tennis balls or anything like that. Just let me know guys.
I'm pretty sure the outdoor court is open 24/7. I think the times you are referring to are for indoor tennis, but the gym is closed this week for frosh week.