MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Table Tennis Team Try-Outs recyclebin12 MacInsiders Announcements 11 10-03-2010 06:14 PM
Looking for regular tennis partner recyclebin12 Athletics & Recreation 13 10-02-2010 07:20 PM
McMaster Tennis Team karan078 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 32 09-09-2010 02:22 PM
Squash or Table Tennis mustafa General Discussion 3 07-04-2009 02:52 PM
Tennis? Trauma04 General Discussion 13 08-30-2008 08:45 AM

Tennis?

Old 04-23-2009 at 09:11 AM   #1
thatdudeukno

Tennis?
Ok so I know mac is really lame for tennis, no indoor courts or nothing. But does anybody know any outside clubs near mac?? I am here during the summer and would love to play some tennis if anybody is interested.
Old 04-23-2009 at 10:48 AM   #2
DannyV
Elite Member

Liked: 207 Times

DBAC has two indoor tennis courts. It's on hardwood so maybe not a "hardcore" court but they're there.
Old 04-23-2009 at 10:52 AM   #3
webzn

Liked: 17 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudeukno View Post
Ok so I know mac is really lame for tennis, no indoor courts or nothing. But does anybody know any outside clubs near mac?? I am here during the summer and would love to play some tennis if anybody is interested.
There are some free to play courts in the rear of the Ancaster city hall located on Wilson street (Bus 5A, then 16)
Old 04-23-2009 at 12:43 PM   #4
ytpos
too poor to change this

Liked: 15 Times

wheeeeee, tennis! there's rosedale in gage park, but the membership is expensive. they have a lot of courts, though. i prefer huntington, which is on the mountain (somewhere off upper ottawa). there's fewer courts, but the membership is cheaper and the courts are still pretty well maintained. just that it's kind of far if you live near mac. rosedale's probably easier for you to get to.

oh, and mac has indoor courts (= gym with tennis nets put up.........). and uh, like one outdoor court (which is pretty crappy).
Old 05-01-2009 at 12:53 PM   #5
thatdudeukno

man i really want to play today. Anybody down? I have an extra racquet...
Old 05-01-2009 at 01:50 PM   #6
maclover

Liked: 55 Times

i would play tennis anytime.. but i dont live in hamilton.. :(
Old 05-01-2009 at 03:07 PM   #7
ytpos
too poor to change this

lol, i'd play but i suck. maybe i can ask my friend to play with you, except he's always busy.
Old 05-01-2009 at 03:07 PM  
emi1y

Liked: 0 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 05-01-2009 at 05:34 PM   #8
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

How many people would be interested in Lessons? This is speaking as a professional, Tennis Canada Certified, private, group, competitive and recreational, 5-90 year old, coach.
Old 05-01-2009 at 05:44 PM  
emi1y

Liked: 0 Times

Warning: This post has been reported
This post has been flagged as violating the MacInsiders Code Of Conduct, and is being reviewed by one of our staff. It may contain offensive material. Click here to view.

Old 05-01-2009 at 09:36 PM   #9
ytpos
too poor to change this

i'm interested! but i'm only here after the second summer session starts.
Old 05-02-2009 at 12:18 PM   #10
thatdudeukno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
How many people would be interested in Lessons? This is speaking as a professional, Tennis Canada Certified, private, group, competitive and recreational, 5-90 year old, coach.
Do you play for a club or something?
Old 05-02-2009 at 02:50 PM   #11
dmzz
Polymath extraordinaire.

Liked: 51 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdudeukno View Post
Do you play for a club or something?
Personally, I have trained competitively with the Niagara Academy of Tennis, in Vineland, Ontario, for the past 7 years. Through my own junior career, I also picked up coaching, and that has now branched into a sector by itself. Niagara Academy of Tennis is the finest Tennis Academy on this side of the border, producing players such as Zachary White, the recent national champion U18, top 100 Juniors in the world, and Dmitry Kozionov, top player in all of Ontario, singles and doubles.

I'm sure it all sounds big-leagues, but I am actually alot more humble than I am coming off sounding.
Old 05-02-2009 at 04:40 PM   #12
thatdudeukno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmzz View Post
Personally, I have trained competitively with the Niagara Academy of Tennis, in Vineland, Ontario, for the past 7 years. Through my own junior career, I also picked up coaching, and that has now branched into a sector by itself. Niagara Academy of Tennis is the finest Tennis Academy on this side of the border, producing players such as Zachary White, the recent national champion U18, top 100 Juniors in the world, and Dmitry Kozionov, top player in all of Ontario, singles and doubles.

I'm sure it all sounds big-leagues, but I am actually alot more humble than I am coming off sounding.
If you would like to play sometime let me know.
Old 06-17-2009 at 11:49 PM   #13
ThatGuy

Liked: 36 Times

mac has an outdoor tennis court right behind T28, where the basketball courts are