MacInsiders Logo
Old 08-27-2011 at 03:08 PM   #1
Strategy

Liked: 46 Times

Tennis - looking for a regular hitting partner!
I posted this elsewhere without realizing there is a Sports forum, so I'll try here:

I will be a student in Hamilton in the upcoming year. I will have a car. I am looking to play tennis at McMaster or at a club, preferably close to McMaster University.

I am a male intermediate player (level 3.5ish) and can rally. I am looking for a regular hitting partner, feel free to PM me!

Outside of McMaster, I have found the following clubs:
-Hamilton Tennis Club
-Rosedale Tennis Club (Hamilton)
-Burlington Fitness and Racquet Club
-Jewish Community Centre of Hamilton
-Cedar Springs Health and Racquet Club (Burlington)

Anyone have any comments on these above clubs or any club you play or know of specifically?

I guess indoor courts would be necessary, since I will be playing during winter time as well.

Thanks,
Old 08-27-2011 at 10:00 PM   #2
twinsora

Liked: 3 Times

I'm interested.
Old 09-03-2011 at 09:07 PM   #3
Tachy

Liked: 1 Time

I'm extremely interested
Old 09-06-2011 at 09:57 AM   #4
chelseac

Liked: 0 Times

I brought my racket! Would be interested occassionally, let me know 5193176716
Old 10-11-2011 at 12:53 PM   #5
harris3

anyone been playing, do they even use the indoor courts anymore?
Old 10-11-2011 at 05:29 PM   #6
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris3 View Post
anyone been playing, do they even use the indoor courts anymore?
Indoor courts are usually up on monday mornings.
Old 10-11-2011 at 06:58 PM   #7
HybirdTheory

Liked: 0 Times

that has to be the stupidest time to open up a tennis court. wat the heck is going on with tennis at mcmaster, i mean every year they just keep pushing it out of this place. why would they only keep a court open on a monday morning, only on one freakin day! monday! nd i heard that you can only play doubles and you need to book it a week in advance. god...

Last edited by HybirdTheory : 10-11-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-11-2011 at 07:35 PM   #8
harris3

yah, monday, for probly like 5 hours, and only 1 court, and doubles isnt even a real sport, if you sign up for singles, 2 other people will sign up in the same slot and force you to play doubles, plus people go in there and double book them the same day the sheet goes up so you really have no chance.
Old 10-11-2011 at 10:35 PM   #9
xxsumz
Radiates Awesomeness

Liked: 333 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybirdTheory View Post
that has to be the stupidest time to open up a tennis court. wat the heck is going on with tennis at mcmaster, i mean every year they just keep pushing it out of this place. why would they only keep a court open on a monday morning, only on one freakin day! monday! nd i heard that you can only play doubles and you need to book it a week in advance. god...
Yeah...more like 3 weeks in advance. Gets booked so fast