MacInsiders Logo

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking for regular tennis partner recyclebin12 Athletics & Recreation 13 10-02-2010 07:20 PM
Evening class vs regular cjdzl Academics 4 09-11-2010 12:47 AM
Regular Meal Plan: Keep It? logans First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 21 07-08-2010 09:15 PM
Meal Plan vp15 First-Year / Prospective Student Questions 4 07-07-2010 09:27 PM
Honours Political Science/Regular Ruggedman Academics 3 04-15-2010 12:19 AM

Regular Meal!!

Old 07-06-2008 at 08:24 PM   #1
ishk33

Liked: 12 Times

Regular Meal!!
It's kinda confusing. I wanna know the difference between Light, small and regular meals. As i don't know what it will contain, due to which I cannot match my requirements with one of these. So could anyone please give me some clear information on these three meals??

Thanks

Last edited by ishk33 : 07-06-2008 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2008 at 09:36 PM   #2
micadjems
Awesome Member

Liked: 382 Times

If you mean meal plans, its just the amount of money youre putting on your plan. you get to choose what you buy at each meal.

ishk33 says thanks to micadjems for this post.
Old 07-06-2008 at 10:02 PM   #3
ishk33

Liked: 12 Times

ummm...okie...so how would I know which one would suit me best??
Old 07-06-2008 at 10:06 PM   #4
nicole.h

Liked: 1 Time

It depends on how much you eat and how often you will be staying on campus during the weekend.

Remember that you can always add money to your meal plan if you run out throughout the year.

ishk33 says thanks to nicole.h for this post.
Old 07-06-2008 at 10:11 PM   #5
kenneth526
Elite Member

Liked: 41 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishk33 View Post
It's kinda confusing. I wanna know the difference between Light, small and regular meals. As i don't know what it will contain, due to which I cannot match my requirements with one of these. So could anyone please give me some clear information on these three meals??

Thanks
Hey ishk33,

Here's a link with all of the meal plans information: http://hospitality.mcmaster. ca/mea...e/details.html

You'll notice that all meal plans come with the same BASIC account - this is the tax-free balance that gets credited everytime you purchase food on campus. The main difference between meal plan sizes is the FREEDOM account: the balance that gets credited when you use your meal card from off-campus vendors and some on-campus vending machines. If your basic amount runs low towards the end of the year, you can transfer money from the freedom account to the basic account (so that your purchases are tax free).

Eva C, ishk33 all say thanks to kenneth526 for this post.
Old 07-07-2008 at 10:47 AM   #6
Eva C
Elite Member

Liked: 3 Times

what kenneth said is right! it really depends on how much you eat regularly. some ppl skip breakfast sometimes and cook during weekends, so they would pick light. others eat constantly so regular is definately the choice. Just keep in mind that, your BASIC money cannot be refunded!! so alot of people choose to pick a smaller meal plan and add money on later if they need more money. That way, you don't lose any money or start buying random junk at the end of the year just to use hte money up.

I personally, buy the smallest meal every year, and i never finish it. but that is just me. i eat lunch and dinner but i do cook on the weekends sometimes. i've noticed that the meals on res are getting really big now, so i split one meal in to two sometimes! so that might be why too. hope that helped.

ishk33 says thanks to Eva C for this post.