OSAP situation gongshow Academics 1 08-09-2010 12:57 PM
reinstatement situation poti Academics 5 07-14-2010 07:28 PM
Social situation for commuters?? mazza General Discussion 7 08-11-2008 11:44 PM

are they really in a bad situation?

Old 05-30-2010 at 12:44 PM   #1
BinMonitored

Liked: 9 Times

are they really in a bad situation?
yesterday I have talked 2 of my other friends from Engineering I, both of them got ineligible for all 4 of the options they have chosen.

Situation is like this
first guy dropped ENG 1D04 in the middle and he is gonna take it this summer,
his GPA is 4.7 and I believe he won't be able get into any of the program he chose even after he finished 1D and make up his C.A. He chose 3 civil programs with management and 1 mechanical with management.

second guy has C.A. 4.8, he has dropped one of his elective and due to a major surgery he has to stay in China and can't come back and make it up in the summer. Plus he picked mechatronics and management plus other 3 all require high GPA programs.

So I did a research on forum, the information I got is:
if u didn't get into any 2nd year program, U R SCREWED. You have to retake any course that GPA is lower than 4.
But I asked another guy who repeated engineering I this year, he said if ur GPA is greater or equal to 5, u will be put into a program, no matter wat.

I wonder is there any chance or any way for them without repeating to advance to 2nd year?

Help or information is appreciated.
Old 05-30-2010 at 12:56 PM   #2
mOeeOm

Relax.

First guy's situation:

If he does take and pass 1D04 and then his C.A is too low for any of his choices, the adviser will tell him to go into the other programs that still have spots open.

Second guy's situation:

When he comes back eventually from china, he won't be in any engineering II program, but he will be in engineering I. Which means he can only take courses that are open to him.

Neither of them are screwed.
Old 05-30-2010 at 01:59 PM   #3
BinMonitored

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOeeOm View Post
Relax.

First guy's situation:

If he does take and pass 1D04 and then his C.A is too low for any of his choices, the adviser will tell him to go into the other programs that still have spots open.

Second guy's situation:

When he comes back eventually from china, he won't be in any engineering II program, but he will be in engineering I. Which means he can only take courses that are open to him.

Neither of them are screwed.
thanks for the reply, but y 2nd guy can't go into level2?
2 electives are not necessary for moving into level2, but it's mandatory before grad. So he does qualify for level 2 programs if he pick one of these 4 GPA ones...
I wonder if it's too late for him to contact school and change his option?

looks like first guy is fine, I will tell him about it
Old 05-30-2010 at 02:10 PM   #4
mOeeOm

It's never too late, what ends up happening is they will offer a spot in the programs that have have some leftover spots open. As long as they have the requirements and 4.0 C.A they can move up.
Old 05-30-2010 at 02:26 PM   #5
BinMonitored

Quote:
Originally Posted by mOeeOm View Post
It's never too late, what ends up happening is they will offer a spot in the programs that have have some leftover spots open. As long as they have the requirements and 4.0 C.A they can move up.
ok, I got it. thanks